Thread: What is it like when it starts working?

What is it like when it starts working?

I was just wondering what it is like when the Citalopram takes effect and starts working. Can you go into situations and places that would usually make you anxious and just be fine with it?
    A lot of my anxiety is very specific to locations and settings and i was just wondering what it will be like.

Re: What is it like when it starts working?

The effects are gradual, don't expect to be immediately bouncing around like Tigger

A person may still have some low level anxiety when the Citalopram is fully working. It doesn't completely shut away our emotions and would be dangerous if it did as a bit of fear is needed in everyone to stop us getting into dangerous situations.

What Citalopram should do is to reduce the gut wrenching anxiety and lift our moods to normal levels so we can function like we did before our problems set in.

You may find if your lucky that Citalopram helps with your situation and nothing else is needed. I would however expect that further work will be needed in combination with the drugs, something like CBT therapy to help you make positive changes in dealing with situations.

Starting the Citalopram is the first step in getting well and should help you be less anxious and give the incentive to take whatever other steps are needed to lead a better life.

ATB,

Steve

hi southy has citalopram helped you feel better and make anxiety much more bearable as you sound very positive towards it

Yep I can't praise it enough! It works very well for me and takes almost all my anxiety away with the added bonus of zero side affects!

I PM'd you a more detailed answer Alamie.

Steve

Thread Information