Thread: Prescribed ativan

Prescribed ativan

I have bad anxiety and have noticed my heart RAAAACES sometimes. It's been a rough few weeks and my Dr gave me 7 pills of
    . 5mg of Ativan.

While I found it calmed me down mentally, it did nothing for my heart rate.. I was still racing. Was it because I was still focused on my heart?

They've done 3 ecg in the last week and don't seem worried at all. Said a sinus arrhythmia but I don't think that's a concern..

Anyone else taking ativan notice their heart still racing and chest still hurt? I am having a rough time believing nothing's wrong if my "anxiety" symptoms haven't gone away.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Re: Prescribed ativan

The .5 may not be strong enough. Talk to your doc. My heart races like crazy. But it's just me getting worked up. You need to try to deep breathe and be mindful or distract yourself. Whatever helps a little! Easier said than done when freaking out I know. Hugs.

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 ----------

I'll add, it could also be that the .5 is perfect for you but you are still focusing all your energy on your physical symptoms. And heart racing is one of those things that gets worse as you think about it. Unfortunately!.

Thread Information