Thread: Red blotchy marks

Red blotchy marks

Can stress and anxiety cause red blotchiness?
    For the last few months ive been red and blotchy from the chest upwards.
    Sometimes its hardly noticable and yet other times its really bad.
    Today is one of the bad days, and i feel embarrassed to go out.
    Ive told my gp and shes given me tabs, however there wasnt a leaflet with them and ive since found out that the tabs are another blood pressure tab.
    My hubby says hes certain its nerves, cus hes noticed that when i have more stress in my life than normal that its worse.
    Does anyone else suffer with it? Id be really interested to know.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi Lynn. I would say it is to do with anxiety. I get it sometimes on the rare occasions i go out socially or any new situation and i also had it on my wedding day so in all my wedding pics, my posy is covering my blotchy chest!!! Are you quite pale skinned? That may be another reason you get it - or rather it's more prominent on paler skin.

Vix xx

Yes it can. My friends sister gets it when stressed and like Vix100 was really worried about her wedding day but thankfully after the service she relaxed and it went.

It is really noticable and it gets worse if she touches the area so try not to put your hands on your neck.

Hi Lynn

I get this too, its seems to come when im stressed, i went out today and when i got home my chest and neck was real red and blotchy, im sure its stress as i always get it when im anxious.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi

I have experienced this as well when I am anxious. It starts on the chest area then spreads up my neck.

chillx

I get this too and I get so embarrassed by it. I get it when I talk to people, when I am nervous or stressed.

I was given tablets to take for my wedding day as I was really worried about the blotching. The tablets he gave me were to lower the blood pressure.

I didn't end up taking them and I didn't come out blotchy because I wasn't nervous.

Deb

Hi Lynn,

I think this is definitely brought on by stress and anxiety. I get this a lot and I'm very fair skinned so its really noticeable. Even if Im trying to pretend I'm fine the redness is a dead giveaway.

My wedding photos had to be messed around with because the rash on my neck was so noticeable and I didnt really want to wear a polo neck lol!

I dont really know if theres a way to prevent it...even when I took antidepressants and betablockers this still happened.

take care

Coni X

I get spates of this alot. Also on my arms. My dr told me it's urticaria and sometimes antihistimines can help. Especially if when you rub it or scratch it becomes more pronounced. It can also be called dermatographia. It's just your body producing too much histimine in response to stress

Jules

hi lyn
    yes i get red botchyness on my upper arms..for the last few yrs.......its worse when i get out of shower or in the sun like with heat makes it worse my doc still dont know what it is.......with stress and what im going thru now w/stress physically i wouldnt doubt it but then again im not a doc even tho they dont have half the answers either.........try not to worry could be like on the hive side..........let me know if it gets worse with heat.............take care love ya linda xx[8D]

Thread Information