Thread: On edge all the time.

Question On edge all the time.

I've been doing some thinking and its occurred to me that i am CONSTANTLY on edge, others would call me "Highly strung". I can't seem to do anything at all at a normal pace, everything is in double speed. Walking to the school with my boy its always "Come on, hurry up", tidying up mess at home or when i need him to do anything its always the same. I am always in a rush but never got anywhere to go. I talk really fast and i've ONLY JUST realised this. I've been told i am highly stung before but i've never thought about it at any depth. I am able to sit still....but....as soon as i am on my feet, thats it, i am off!!! I can't walk slowly, in fact, i can't do anything like a normal person. Scary.

Is anyone like this?

Sarah

I think i need to add (forgot this bit) that i am also angry and snappy most of the time. I sound like a lovely person...!
    Last edited by belle; 23-04-07 at 08:33. Reason: becuase i am stupid!

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: On edge all the time.

Hi Sarah,

I can totally relate to what you're saying. I too find that I cannot relax at all, every minute of everyday, I rush around doing things so quickly and there's no real need for it.

Even to the point where I have noticed that when I lie down in bed to go to sleep, I'm so tense still and my mind is thinking at a speed far to fast for getting ready to sleep! Perhaps this is why I find it so difficult to wake up in the morning depsite having had enough hours of sleep as body & mind are just exhausted from the previous day! Do you find this too?

I've recently bought a bicycle, although I haven't used it yet!...to try and burn off all of this excess energy to see if that helps. I'll let you know if it does.

I hope that you feel better soon and find time to relax.

Sam x

Samjay

I too have started this approach. I now go jogging every morning before work.
    I am feeling much better. I appreciate this is not everyone

Exercise helps us absorb and burn off the excess adrenaline that can lead to symptoms such as sweating and shakiness. Additionally, exercise promotes the production of pituitary gland secretions known as endorphins. These natural anti-depressants can safely and powerfully promote a sense of well being
    http://www.planetpsych.com/zSelf_Help/exercise.htm

I am beginning to lose this feeling of on edge all the time.

regards

Dave

Hi Sarah,

I'm the same hun I'm soooo highly strung it's unbelievable. My mum always says I wait for the worst to happen in every situation and shes probably right. I guess it doesnt help our anxiety much but I've been like this so long I don't know any different. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi Sarah,

yes you sound just like me, and im always telling the kids to get a move on, but they know its cos of the anxiety, but i just wished that i could slow down , maybe then i wouldnt feel so ill all the time .

love sandy xxx

gosh ive never thought that it could be related to anxiety
    i have been like this for as long as i can remeber... my family always say cant you slow down relax etc...
    when i get in from work i rush around like an idiot doing jobs when really there is no rush at all... i guess its something else we need to re train our minds to do.
    so sarah you are definatley not alone in this
    rach

Thread Information