Thread: Anyone ever take metronidazole(flagyl)?

Anyone ever take metronidazole(flagyl)?

Does anyone know much about metronidazole(flagyl)?

I am getting a burning sensation under my skin on my hands & feet & sometimes neck & itchy skin & scalp for a few days now and a few weeks before that. The first time i ever noticed this type of symptoms was when i first took metronidazole 4 months ago. is it possible to still be effected by the side effects of that drug? i found some forums online where patients were saying they still were affected after 6mths of stopping the drug.

Any idea?

Thanks.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Anyone ever take metronidazole(flagyl)?

I've taken it before and I had some side effects while I was taking it - nausea and generally feeling unwell. I don't think it would still affect someone after 4 months though - it would be out of your system by then surely. Have you taken it since then?

Re: Anyone ever take metronidazole(flagyl)?

No ive not taken it since but every few months or weeks i get this burning sensation and itchiness that i noticed i first got after a couple of days of taking this drug. and bumps on my skin, not red but raised skin coloured bumps. i never used to get any of this before i took metronidazole. there seems to be lots of reference on the internet n metronidazole toxicity and the lasting effects and peripheral neuropathy. i'm hoping to get someone's personal experience? and how do i get this checked out?
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information