Thread: CBT

CBT

Hello Everyone

I have been referred to have a course of CBT therapies. I have never had any therapy or admitted that I have a problem before so this is all very new to me, can anyone tell me what to expect at these sessions and is there help to learn how to cope differently or is this just me talking about myself and my issues?

Thank you

Re: CBT

CBT is more of learning about how and why you think the way you do and finding tools to cope, I did find it to be most helpful if you're looking for a way to cope better plus it really helped me in realizing my thought pattern and how unhealthy it can be ect x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thank you

I am on the NHS waiting list which is a bit frustrating.

x

No worries, i'm really glad you're at least on the waiting list, thats already a positive step in the right direction
    the waiting list can be rather frustrating but at least you know you'll get help soon x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

It is frustrating as I really want to get on with some help, but I guess I know its coming, thank you for your kind words

There are some online resources you can check out if you're desperate to get started. I would suggest that working with a therapist is more effective, but you could always look up MoodGym, that's free to use and will familiarise you with some of the basic principles!

I started with a book called 'overcoming health anxiety', obviously I don't know what type f anxieties you are having but i was good to get a grounding in what to expect but really it is what you make it. The CBT-ist will help you go through your thoughts and process why it is that you are getting anxious. I found it very helpful.

Thank you so much for your comments, I feel so much better than I know what the anxiety is and also that I will be getting some help soon. x

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

Beatroon - have just registered with Moodgym, thank you for that info

Thread Information