Thread: Best Fiber Supplement Recommendations?

Best Fiber Supplement Recommendations?

So I have been struggling with poop checking for like 2 years, all started with seeing a spot of blood on the stool. Went to the doctor they checked me and stool and no blood was found, no issues. Of course I could not accept that and have been checking for the past 2 years. First they floated to much which meant pancreatic cancer then they were to pasty which also meant PC. Now they are to soft and some are thin and some are normal so of course I've moved from PC to colon cancer now. I don't know if it the anxiety of it all creating this. I have had an occasional increase in gas but I swear it all seems tied to what I eat. I am going to try some fiber supplements to see if that helps bulk up and I didn't know if any of you out there that have suffered from soft stool from anxiety or ibs or tumor (don't you like that chain) could recommend a good fiber supplement. One that doesn't give to many side effects b/c God knows I'll attribute that to some type of tumor.

Re: Best Fiber Supplement Recommendations?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I would say the problem is the checking, and not what you should be taking to get a consistent stool.

Hi. I'm inclined to use the most natural methods myself. Like Smoothies.or eating a handful of raisins. But I've also used Fibre gel. It doesn't cause any side effects other than larger softer stools.
    Being anxious will affect your bowel so addressing your HA would be beneficial for a long term solution.

Clarisse

I agree with clarisse about the natural way.

When my dad came out of hospital after an operation he was constipated for a while. Apparently it happens post op. The nurse told him to try natural ways before they would look towards a medical solution.

A week on citrus fruits and he was back to normal. The nurse said things like tangerines are good for fibre.

Thread Information