Thread: trapped wind

trapped wind

hey all

alongside all my usual worries/anxieties i often find i have really bad trapped wind and am constantly trying to burp it up - the docs have put me on tablets to minimise it but when im all anxious - like i am now - it just comes back with a vengeance.

having a really bad day today - whihc is mainly my fault for drinking too much last night but not even a diazepam and ibuprfen are helping me out at all.

just been for a walk and still feel awful. really considering going back on the citalopram but cant face the re-acclimbatization (?) process

anyone have any simple easy to do tips to help me calm down before i raid the diazepam jar again?

thanks, darren

Hi Darren,

Guess you know this but alcohol makes anxiety much worse the next day. Well you can't go back and change things so I would suggest trying to refocus your mind. Try reading a book, a warm bath with calming music, looking at a favorite movie, or going to the cinema perhaps? Perhaps you can call a friend and just talk it out, sometimes that helps. I hope these ideas work for you.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

With giving you too much personal information about my "wind habits", this is something i have much experience with, mainly due to chewing gum! I don't know if its the same for you but sometimes the pain for me feels like its right under my ribs and it catches my breath. What i have found helps (a lot) is Andrews. Drink that down quickly and it will help get rid of the wind

Sarah

hi

without going into too much detail lol

I live off Gaviscon

I also take Ranitidine daily to alleviate indigestion - but it still appears when anxious

Think its my own fault though - I eat as quickly as possible - soimetimes without even chewing the food - just to get it down - viscious circle that I am trying hard to break

Try drinking Tonic Water or sipping on Peppermint tea - this should help

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi Darren

I had such bad trapped wind and was in so much pain, that several years ago I called a doctor out. He suspected pleurosy. A friend persuaded me he was most likely wrong and made me drink hot water with pepper in it. I did so, did a burp that blew my socks off, and immediately found I could expand my lungs and breathe properly again. Give it a go.

Kay x

thanks all - the pepper didnt work unfortunatley and not sure if i can take gaviscon alongside the pills im already taking - need to ask docs next time im in

tried sprite instead of tonic water and that doesnt seem to clear it either. think i need rest and sleep to be honest

thank you all for your help tho x

darren do you always feel bloated like your pregnant,

thats the way i feel its a total pain

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

Hi Darren,when i saw a nutritionist she suggested taking half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in half a glass of water, stir and drink.It really helps bloating and brings up the wind.Or try bottled soda water,not tonic water.I always keep a bottle with me.
    Hope this helps.

Ellen XX

Re: trapped wind

Hello buddy ... Know how you feel not good ..ok drink is a big thing because what goes up has to come down ... Trust me I really had it bad but would not take anything from doc's as I think that plays with your mind more ... How ever get your self a iPod put on good happy music and just run every night ... Get some st johns wort and take them every day 4 about 5 weeks b4 they start ... This worked 4 me and I never gone back down that road ...4 your trapped wind green tea or hot water with brown surger ... Eveytime you have a good day pinch your hand do this 4 five to six weeks .. Then when you have a real bad day pinch your self this is telling your brain it's a good day .... I'm 29 at 23 I was so bad. I'm always in the gym and have not had a attack for five years ...

Re: trapped wind

I know how you feel. I've got that at the moment. Tis not very nice. Very painful and uncomfortable. I'm going to go for a walk in a bit... Walking is supposed to ease it x

Thread Information