Thread: Hi and help?

Hi and help?

Hi all. Newbie. I'm Jim and I'm at the end of my rope.

I have had depression for a number of years triggered by the usual, loss of parents divorce etc. Ex military. Ex human being.

I took myself off pills after a failed suicide Xmas eve just gone. My issue now is anxiety. I split with a fairly long term partner (still friends) met someone a lot younger who I love.

My issue is I think my heart is about to pack up as my chest and neck are in constant pain. I sweat then cry about 6 times a day.

I hate it. I'm sure we all do.

My question is diazepam type pills- good or bad.

Sorry if this isn't the place to pour my heart out. I'll move on if I'm wrong.

Re: Hi and help?

Hi TiredJim You are still a human being I have had depression for years, but slowly I am getting there some days are worse than others though. Can I ask how old you are?
    Ex military did you retire on health grounds it's very demanding job? Re the meds I can't say, as I am trying to manage my depression with out meds. What help if any are you getting at the moment? Have you talked with your Dr about how you are feeling?
    It will get better Cheers

Hi 46. Left 6 years ago. Been on meds took myself off them. Wish I hadn't.

Sick of feeling like this. Going back to my Gp but currently offshore for another 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TiredJim View Post
    Hi 46. Left 6 years ago. Been on meds took myself off them. Wish I hadn't.

Sick of feeling like this. Going back to my Gp but currently offshore for another 3 weeks.
    Yeah sometimes though you have to. that's quite a while is there no dr where you are that can help till you get back on shore?
    When you get back ask your dr for different meds if possible hope you get back on track soon Cheers

Thread Information