Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark spot in eyesight - please help!

Re: Dark spot in eyesight - please help!

I have little spots that float in my eyes too, ranging from a darker transparent color to white little lights. They are commonly called floaters, its when little pieces of debri blocks the light in the back off your eye. Its totally harmless, however if it is affecting your vision, or does not go away after a short time i would see a eye doctor to make sure nothing has came unattached in the back of the eye as this happened with my gf but it also caused her to have a lazy eye before she had surgery.

Thanks for replying.
    I was feeling a little better last night about it but this morning I noticed it in both eyes. Didn't matter if I closed my right or left eye, I could see it in both.
    That's really freaking me out now. I'm going for a routine eye test next tuesday. Does anyone know what exactly those tests involve? In other words, if I do get the all clear on Tuesday, can I be happy that there is nothing wrong? Or could it be something to do with my brain or nerves? I'm so scared right now. Do routine eye tests pick up on most things, even if you have to be tested further for something that they picked up on but are not sure what it is?

They will be able to tell from your eye exam so wouldn't think you would have to wait. You might even find it is a symptom of anxiety. I was very stressed / anxious the other night & got the strangest flickering in both eyes, then just one. It started Tha I couldn't read, like there was a hole in my vision but its been fine since. Strange! xx

Hi I've had those in the mornings too I think. Do you have any lights on the your room when you wake up? Any open curtains or anything?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information