Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your symptoms

Your symptoms

I know there is a LOT of information already online about what the symptoms of anxiety are. I just wanted to hear from other people what you have personally experienced that you believe to be anxiety related.

I won't even put any suggestions as don't want to put words in people's mouths, and won't say what mine are unless anyone wants to know.

I would be so grateful if anyone could reply as I think it might help me somehow

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Oh meant to say, they could be physical or emotional.

Re: Your symptoms

Dizziness, nausea, I get bouts of vertigo. Heart palpitations (I have pvcs as well). Have to pee every 5 mins, irritable bowl, feels like someone sitting on my chest. I don't get them all at the same time every time. They always start after a feeling or sense of dread.

Light headedness, twitching lips/eyes, numbness/tingling down left arm and hands, cold sensation down left arm, lower back pain, fatigue, inability to concentrate/distraction, diarrhea.

In the time I've been on the boards I've seen someone post one or many of these SYMPTOMS and then some.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Bad breathing, dizziness, nausea, tension, random shooting pains, fatigue, headaches, etc.

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it, I see some (actually a lot) of them in myself too. I'm having such a hard time tonight it's never been this bad anxiety-wise.

Breathlessness, tight chest, pains in chest and back, heart beating fast, heat in face, head and ears. Sweaty hands, dry mouth, tight arms and legs or basically everywhere.

Don't think I've missed anything out but if I have I'll be back lol!

Just my opinion... I understand there's solace in knowing you're not alone but a post like this just makes sufferers think about and focus on their symptoms. Why not ask a more positive question like "What techniques do you use to help you not think about your symptoms?"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Insomnia, racing heart, left arm pain, chest pain, chest tightness, palps, dizziness, nausea, cold sweat, shaking, breathlessness, tingling in face and jaw, tense muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just my opinion... I understand there's solace in knowing you're not alone but a post like this just makes sufferers think about and focus on their symptoms. Why not ask a more positive question like "What techniques do you use to help you not think about your symptoms?"

Positive thoughts
    You're right, and I'm sorry if I've made anyone worry about their symptoms, that wasn't my intention at all.

I asked because sometimes I'll feel or think something and people just dismiss me and say "Oh it's just anxiety" and I wondered whether others had experienced similar things I had. But yes, I can see how that can be a bad idea as it just makes us focus on them more!

So...what techniques do people use to help?

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellecee View Post
    Insomnia, racing heart, left arm pain, chest pain, chest tightness, palps, dizziness, nausea, cold sweat, shaking, breathlessness, tingling in face and jaw, tense muscles.
    Wow yes to all of those. It's hard isn't it. I think anyone who deals with anxiety is so incredibly strong and courageous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information