Thread: Depression or anxiety

Exclamation Depression or anxiety

Hi all
    So since I had a relaspe a few months ago i have been doing ok. But I have my moments during quiet times or when iam tired. When I restarted my meds I had si for awhile never had it before. Now from what I understand if you have si u have depression, the feeling gone thankfully but in those quiet times or when iam very stressed my anxiety takes me back there.
    Not the feeling per say but a dread of am I still that way? Did I really want that before? Should I still be on the look out? And so on
    The other day when tired and drain from a situation that has been months long prolly will last months more My mind drifted back and thought is this all worth it should I even putt upwith it anymore and just go die.( no plan or real wanting). And sends me into panic, is that still depression or anxiety. my doctor has said it isn't but I scare And upsets me when it happens and advice?

Re: Depression or anxiety

Hi! I can understand how you feel and had started a thread on anxiety and depression. I think that anxiety leads to depression if it's not treated. I have the thoughts that you have as well, but I think it is more frustration with the situation than anything else. I have done a course in ACT which I have put in the therapies section of the forum. It stands for acceptance and Commitment Therapy. It teaches you to accept your thoughts but not get stuck on them. There is a book called the happiness trap that is also helpful. You may even be able to get some information about it on their website. Try not to give the thoughts too much power. Acknowledge that you have had the thought and then imagine it floating away. Try not to focus on what you can't change, instead set yourself little tasks each day to build you confidence and maybe reduce the feelings of depression. Like maybe going for a walk or doing some mindfullness meditation. This is very good at keeping your mind in the present. Hope this helps a little. It's not a cure but practicing these techniques do help a little.

Thread Information