Thread: weird tingling sensation in facial area

weird tingling sensation in facial area

I get this weird sensation on and off-it's mild feeling. But it feels like around my mouth(below my lips)-my lower cheeks-and upper neck get tingly-numblike. I can feel the skin but it just feels less than it usually does. I know this might sound confusion but I'm trying my best to explain it. I have been on Zoloft for 3 years for Panic/Anxiety/Depression and I also have Klonopin that I take as needed. That ranges anywhere from 3 times a week to once every two weeks. I read somewhere that benzo's can do this. I've recently had a MRI fro other symptoms so I'm pretty confident it's not MS or anything of that nature. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you and God Bless,
    Leah

Leah Beans

Hi leah,
    My daughter suffered exactly the same symptoms last year. I was afraid it was bells palsey. However she was assured by the doctor that it was purely down to stress. She was working really hard at the time and was under stress from work and family. She still gets it from time to time but no longer worries about it.
    Hope this helps.

Take care
    LYNN xx

I have to say looking through the symptoms here its seems a rash of everything that I read I have had lately..I have this almost everyday ..Its a electrical sensation and feeling generated by anxiety .I assure you if it was anything i would have had a massive attack by now.I have it constantly night and day and when im trying to go to sleep at night and also accompanied by twitching over my eyebrows in my forehead down my arm and all over the most odd places.I have been checked and rechecked and rechecked .I assure you its ok..really all anxiety .. so try not to let it bother you and ignore it and then eventually you will trade it for another symptom or maybe you will get lucky and not have it anymore...its normal i assure you and caused absolutely by anxiety nothing more or less.

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Hi Leah

Try these links they may help

Lips tingling
    Pins and Needles

pins/ needles face
    Tingling on my face and head

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

I used to get it in my faround my head and ears when i was at my worst.. feels like your scalp is crawling.. Not to nice.. I know now that is was just my anxiety!

Hi Leah,
    I also had this it started suddenly about 2 yeara ago while I was quite calm and laughing with my friend, and I was driving. My left side of my face went completely tingly. and down my neck. I thought oh well thats something else to drive me mad... Thought I had a stroke, brain tumor. The lot. Went straight to my GP, told him I had a brain tumor, he said I didnt. it was my anxiety. I kept going bac until he sent me for an MRI and also a CT scan. Thats when I thought there MUST be something wrong with me.... Turned out everything was normal, and my GP probably sent me to shut me up........... You will be OK, it seems most of us has had the same, or similar. xx

As I was saying .. if facial tingling and weird sensations of the mouth and head always counted for stroke I would have had many of them by now.Rest assured when you feel a sensation look for a cause first.I want to share this with you because in a way its a little funny just to show you what your mind can do to you .I was with friends in my garage the other day and they wanted to borrow my four wheeler..atv .Well before you take one out in cold weather you have to warm it.I cranked it up and we were chatting and I had jogging pants on..All of a sudden i felt like my leg was having a spasm..Weird I mean just totally unlike anything I have ever felt.. My friend is a nurse so I was just about to ask her about it.. and realised where my spasm was coming from.I was standing about 6 ft away from the exhaust of the atv and could feel the sensations blowing like little puffs on my leg.. What a relief..I felt stupid and glad i hadn't said anything ,but many times there is a reason for your face arms or other parts of your body to feel that way .As a matter of fact over the years I have been driving with the window down and the wind blowing on my face..got out somewhere only to find i couldnt feel my face ..it would scare me until i realized that your body has what is called sensation memory ..if you experience a sensation for a little while unaware when you move that part of the body away from that sensation you are still going to feel it..Believe me in my years on this earth I have felt some strange ones..I ll give you one more example that is halarious..My uncle had a riding lawn more that vibrated like crazy .One afternoon I road it and then for two hours after my butt was still vibrating.Now tell me thats a brain tumor..lol wrong end lol but just a little humor to let you know to look for a cause before you leap to anxiety ..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Thread Information