Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Beat Health Anxiety - free book

Re: How to Beat Health Anxiety - free book

Thanks for the support from all who have given it, Pip, FMP, simi & others. I would also like to say that I totally respect the opinion of everyone who has 'dissed' the book due to it's length or whatever - I may disagree with you but you are entitled to your opinion!

FMP is right in that the book, although short compared to some other books (but since when has length been a factor in the value of a book??) it took me a long time to sit down and write, and I am certainly not getting rich from it - that was never my intention. As much I would love to spend 3 months writing the sequel and giving it away for free, I simply don't have the time for that much unpaid work - I have 3 young children to feed. This is not a sob story it is reality. Maybe someone else with more time on their hands could write a free one?

Anyway, feel free to delete this thread if you want to - I'm really not that bothered. I'm all for good honest debate but it's when it became personal that drove me away from this forum in the first place.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

By the way, special thanks to whoever 'P.' is who has left me the most atrocious review on Amazon. Why is it that 1 bad review can affect me more than 10 positive ones? Is that just human nature?
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Hi there, just wanted to say that I downloaded your book last night, before I even spotted it on the forum and it is really nice to hear a positive story of someone beating health anxiety. I was quite shocked to read the negative feedback. I've only posted for the first time today and it's made me quite scared to ever post again if that's the kind of forum this is, it's verging on the side of nasty. I hope you don't take it to heart as it is a nice, genuine thing to do to try and help others
    Last edited by worriedallthetime35; 05-03-15 at 23:23. Reason: Spelling

For me personally, reading a book about health anxiety wouldnt help me, I need a more practical solution, however, if I was interested in buying your ebook, 1 bad review out of 10 wouldnt push me away or put me off so dont let it worry you.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedallthetime35 View Post
    Hi there, just wanted to say that I downloaded your book last night, before I even spotted it on the forum and it is really nice to hear a positive story of someone beating health anxiety. I was quite shocked to read the negative feedback. I've only posted for the first time today and it's made me quite scared to ever post again if that's the kind of forum this is, it's verging on the side of nasty. I hope you don't take it to heart as it is a nice, genuine thing to do to try and help others
    Don't let it put you off NMP, these issues are very isolated. You will get loads of help on here.

Aww, thanks for that, the site has helped me loads so far and I've only just posted, it took me ages of watching and finally I decided I need some help so I posted. I'm sooooo blooming sensitive about things it's ridiculous, that's why I never post on anything in case I get hated lol

Don't worry about feeling that way, I think we all have some of that especially if you are prone to negative thoughts or obsessive thinking. You won't have any problems on here, its a very safe place and everyone is very supportive.

A lot of people struggle to be assertive and say how they feel and I think its great that you can do that despite your worries, its half the battle. You need to feel comfortable to say how you feel on here as we are often discussing very personal issues.

I watched for a while before joining and I'm glad I did as I've had loads of good advice and met you great people who really understand.

As you are new, and you appreciated Skippy's book, you may want to have a look at his threads as he was doing something similiar that way and you may find them helpful as an add on to the book? (I think the one he raised just before this, about a diary, was the one a few of us discussed this issue so other than reading the first post by Skippy, ignore the rest if you don't want to see what has been mentioned in this thread).
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 06-03-15 at 10:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information