Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel like something isn't right??

Re: Feel like something isn't right??

I'm defo going to have to start going more research into these things!!
    Atm I just have no motivation, especially for work! I find im quite distracted a lot, and I find that I have no energy! I may have to look into something like ginseng as I've heard its good!
    How's you both!?

I used to take ginseng before and I'm thinking of going back to it. I was always told that Korean ginseng is the 'male' plant and can cause headaches so I went with Siberian ginseng which doesn't and its also supposed ti be better anyway.

Just make sure you go onto Drugs.com, enter the name of your medications and then the ginseng types and it will check for any interactions. If none found it will say so but if it finds some it will display them so you can determine whether it matters or not. I meant to say this when I posted those links above for PMS supplements because St. John's Wort is on there and thats usually a big no-no with antidepressants and Ginkgo Biloba os there as well and I've been looking into this one myself as there are studies showing it helps with GAD that have been accepted as valid by NICE (with further study recommendations to further understand whether it should be used) but if you did into it further, it interacts with many antidepressants if the medication is changed in the liver.

I'm ok. Not much changes at my end at the moment really.

im ok as well ,I am staying off the forum at weekends and at night ,its a nice break.
    Sleep was good last night and my anxiety is low,im bored at work though
    I have started taking krill oil again and will keep you updated if it makes any difference to me
    Hope your both keeping well

Did you sleep ok Sunday night MrAndy? I'm wondering whether it helps being off here that way as it can get a bit rushed at times when you are in forums.

Hopefully the krill oil will help. According to a link I posted above, it helps with PMS too!

I'm good. Just very tired as not been going to bed early enough. I seem to have points in the day where I am most tired and I wake up at night!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Did you sleep ok Sunday night MrAndy? I'm wondering whether it helps being off here that way as it can get a bit rushed at times when you are in forums.

Hopefully the krill oil will help. According to a link I posted above, it helps with PMS too!

I'm good. Just very tired as not been going to bed early enough. I seem to have points in the day where I am most tired and I wake up at night!
    I did until my 3 year old woke me at 2.30 and kept creeping into our bed !
    As far as sleep is concerned to me I have come to accept I will get bad spells of waking very early,if it was the case that I couldnt get to sleep I would be very concerned
    I have no trouble switching my mind off and getting to sleep, I am not sure if thats the olanzapine working or not but I am staying on it for the foreseeable future.I have tried several times to come off it and just fell into a big bad heap

I remember last time, you had a few very rough nights. Your posting greatly changed and your positivity was gone.

I had the issue with getting to sleep initially and then in relapse it changed to be like yours. Out of the two, I find waking early worse but it was because I was already in a bit of a sleep deficit as I'm someone who sleeps less in the week and catches up at the weekend so when I started losing an extra hour or so, it was a big deal. When the relapse finally came, I couldn't even avoid it at the weekends.

A lot of it was my perception of it though and I've learned to deal with that a lot now.

To be honest, for about 8 months now I have had far less sleep than I need everyday. Its taught me that I don't really need it. Prior to this, I would dread getting so little sleep but now I've found I can cope. I have days where its a bit harder but I also I have days where it isn't. The trouble is, it does mean having less energy so its difficult to do the big stuff and I'm less sure about handling a working day, especially if it was hard work.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 03-03-15 at 13:28.

yes my mood does spiral when im struggling with sleep ,I suppose I associate it with how bad I was in the past and ended up in hospital.
    Work is getting to me today ,I have lots of customers moaning at me about unreasonable deadlines but at the same time its very quiet and I have to much time on my hands
    I really hope you get your sleep sorted Terry it sounds like a big deal to you,it may be worth thinking about that sleep study we talked about

You seem more positive Andy which is great!! What's krill oil?
    Terry yes I best check, I mean at the moment I take propranolol and citalopram, as well as omega 3, magnesium and just some multivitamins. Everyone at work laughs at me cos it's like 7 pills a day, it's quite funny really.
    Hmm will deforestation look into ginseng. It seems we all fluctuates, like me for example, some nights I have really rough sleep, but most of the time I feel I sleep too much!! You guys seem to be at the other end of the scale of not sleeping at all. If only there was a happy medium. I'm trying to cut down my red bull intake, I'm down to 2 a day, I'm having more coffee but I think coffee is probably better than the cheap energy drinks with all their chemicals. I just bought some green tea infused with tropical flavours that is meant for the immune system. I'm hoping to switch to that eventually. And stick to my chamomile tea in the evening. Although the green tea is a bit bitter so may need some sweetness, but it does have a nice tropical hint,

Quote Originally Posted by Pinguanxious View Post
    You seem more positive Andy which is great!! What's krill oil?
    Terry yes I best check, I mean at the moment I take propranolol and citalopram, as well as omega 3, magnesium and just some multivitamins. Everyone at work laughs at me cos it's like 7 pills a day, it's quite funny really.
    Krill oil is an alternative to fish oil and supposed to be better ,its is supposed to absorb better and be a powerful anti oxidant.I put my mom onto it and she swears by it for inflammation pain relief http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill_oil

Is fish oil like the omega 3 I take? If do I'll look into it! Always looking for better supplements!

Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information