Thread: Trazodone anyone?

Jem27 Guest

Trazodone anyone?

Has anyone been on it?

Jem

Hi Jem,

I was prescribed trazadone for a sleeping aide even tho it is an anti-depressant. It worked quite well for me. I took it at night but took a large dose so that I would sleep. I had absolutely no side effects from it at all, except of course, that it made me sleep.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Jem27 Guest
    Do you think it helped your anxiety/depression?
    Thanks hun

Hi Jem,

Well I was also on paxil for my anxiety, I've never been depressed. So I was actually on 2 anti-depressants even tho one was actually for a sleeping aide. I think the paxil helped loads for my anxiety and I do think the trazadone did boost the effects of the paxil. I eventually went off the trazadone because I was just too tired during the day on it but it was also because I have a thyroid disorder that also causes me to be tired so all in all it was just too much. If you want to please pm me.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

I was on it for 6 months and it was awful. My doc kept increasing it as it didn't have any effect and it got to the stage I was like a zombie so I came off and am happily on others now. It's one of the older drugs and doesn't suit everyone, but then you can say the same for all antidepressants. You have to keep trying till you find the right one(s) that work for you. Hope that helps. Always around if you wanna PM me. Take care

Hangtough

Thread Information