Thread: Anxiety suffer

Anxiety suffer

Hi, I'm Maureen I've been a member on here awhile, but not been on since 2012 I'm still suffering with general anxiety , it stops me doing a lot of things like driving, going out on my own, and going to social events. I've come back to get support and also help other people. I do go to an anxiety help group every fortnight, which is helping, and I've learnt some things about anxiety and how to deal with it ....

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya mopart38 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Anxiety suffer

Hi Maureen,

Welcome back.

My anxiety was also stopping me from going to social events but having forced myself to attend them in the last week and a half (this was extremely difficult), I have now got to the point where I am finding it more enjoyable to do so and less of a chore. The 'exposure' although scary at first, is a good step for overcoming this problem.

The anxiety help group is a great idea and it's good that you're helping yourself. I'm actually going to start attending a self help group soon.

Hi and welcome (back)
    So, how did you find out about an anxiety group then? Did the doc recommend /refer it or did you come across it yourself? I've never heard of that where I live - it sounds like something I would like to do.

Zim - what have you forced yourself to do then this week x

Hi there, Pepperpot,

Well, the most interesting thing I forced myself to do was to go out to a music festival. I had a good time once I was actually out there so I'm glad I ventured out but the anxious thoughts and doubts began before I actually left the house. You just have to ignore them and push on.

It's definitely worth the initial unease. x

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Hi there, Pepperpot,

Well, the most interesting thing I forced myself to do was to go out to a music festival. I had a good time once I was actually out there so I'm glad I ventured out but the anxious thoughts and doubts began before I actually left the house. You just have to ignore them and push on.

It's definitely worth the initial unease. x

Wow - I am jealous I don't have social anxiety fortunately but I am jealous you went to a music festival - I love stuff like that

Hi , I saw the group on a leaflet in a shop window at first, then I went on their website it's in bury Manchester, I've been going awhile now , it's help me a lot they are called Big involment in bury.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Hi, I saw a leaflet in a shop window about the group, I took the website and joined this way, then went to some meetings in the bury area , I've been going awhile now it's help me a lot, they called Big involment in Bury . I've tried to Join the chat room on here but can't I've got an iPad, I did use a laptop but it's broke anyone on here know how to assess the chat room with an iPad ....

Thread Information