Thread: ocd anchors

ocd anchors

In what way can you extinguish negative anchors?
    Example, lets just say you are watching TV and certain car appears and you have a negative thought about it, the next time you see the car you have the same negative thought. Its like the negative thought has been anchored to the car.

Re: ocd anchors

I think I would encourage you to read the threads created by Davit on the Panic board because he talked a lot about how to resolve negative memory connections.

It takes time to build a negative thinking style or a core belief but every single memory is linked and recalled if the subconscious can find it as an appropriate one. You effectively have to build new positive ones that start to "fire" more often than the negative ones so that they fall into decline and are no longer recalled. Davit explains quite a lot about this.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Which post of davit is this on?

He never raised many so there aren't too many to look through.

I think there was one called "Memory" and the one "Riders" seems appropriate too. But some of the others such as "Core Beliefs" and so forth could contain information relevant to you.

Thread Information