Thread: hard tender bump on ulna near elbow

hard tender bump on ulna near elbow

Hello. It has been some time since I have posted anything. I have been doing fantastic with my anxiety levels and for the most part have been anxiety free.
    A few days ago my son bumped into my arm and very lightly but I felt this pain just under my elbow so i went to rub it and noticed a small hard bump. I felt around and it seems to be a protrusion on the end of my ulna about 1/2 in. under my elbow on the pinky finger side of my arm. It is sore to the touch and hard and feels like it is attached to the bone. If i slide a finger over the top of the bone it feels flat like a clif top almost but if i slide my finger along the edge it feels like a bump. If i hold my forearm up you can see it stick out. It feels a little bigger that a half cm. I know I hit my arm on shelf in that general area a month ago but it never bruised. There is not any redness or swelling in this area.
    Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I do not want to run to my doctor with this since I have been to her many times between January and April of this year. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Last edited by Jbaine; 29-07-15 at 22:46.

Unhappy Re: hard tender bump on ulna near elbow

Re: hard tender bump on ulna near elbow

Just wanted to post an update in case someone comes across this thread with a similar issue.
    I went to my doctor today because I had a change in family history that I was urged to speak with my doctor about. While I was there I asked her about the lump on my ulna/elbow. She looked at it and suggested it was a healed fracture. She had me take an xray to see and the xray showed I have bursitis. May go away or may not but nothing worrisome.
    Glad she ordered the xray for peace of mind

Thread Information