Thread: while lying in bed .

while lying in bed .

often when i am lying in bed trying to get to sleep i start to panic .
    i think that my family and i are going to die in a fire, someone will come in and stab me during the night, my roof will cave in etc .
    it's really getting to an extent where i can't breathe properly .
    advice ?
    'cos i'm only twelve. :/

Re: while lying in bed .

have you been to see a doc...you thoughts are normal if you have anxiety hun..i have bad thoughts like this all the time...chin up love xxxx

wow your only 12, thats the age my anxiety started. yes go tell your mum and try to see a doctor. the sooner you can sort it out the easier it is.

Hello Emme

to the site.

Ohhh hunny, have you talked to your mum, dad or carers how you feel? please hun, you must tell someone

It is very brave of you to come on here in search of help, you should be sooo proud of yourself

Talk to your Mum, dad, carer hunny, they will help and quid you.

I know it is very scary for you right now and my heart goes out to you It is DAME HARD right now for you to know, that these are only thoughts hun and thoughts can be changed.

Hun, are you getting any help at all, have you seen a doctor? do you have anyone around you, who you are talking to and telling them about these scary thoughts?

You are not alone hun there are lots of nice people on here who understand what you are going through, they will help and support you.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hey,

Well done for having the confidence to ask for help and put up a post on this forum.

I think it is fair to say that a huge number of people with anxiety disorders have had similar thoughts - so you are certainly not alone there.

Perhaps it is a good idea, first of all, to speak to one of your parents about this and also go through with them how very unlikely it is that any of the things you mentioned would/could happen.

Insecurity and various anxieties in your very early teens is not unusual, but if you deal with it properly now, it will hopefully ensure you won't have to suffer for the rest of your teens/life.

Thats very grown up of you to post your problems on here! I was suffering at twelve but I didnt have the internet in those days and even if I did, I wouldnt have been mature enough to explain my feelings to people on the net! Well done :-)
    Those thoughts are very normal for anxiety. I lie in my bed at night still, thinking the worst things that could possibly happen to me or my family. Are you going through a stressful time at school/with friends right now? Things will get better for you! Good luck!
    x

Thread Information