Thread: Leukaemia - so so scared

Leukaemia - so so scared

Hi everyone, I'm really hoping and praying someone can help. For the past 2 weeks I've been suffering badly with bad aches in my arms and legs. I'm tired and I have been having achey painful full feelings under my left ribs. I've also got a bad ache in my diaphragm.
    I have been diagnosed with a severe dvt in my left groin and am on warfarin, which has made my periods heavy, this led to being diagnosed with anaemia in October. My last blood test showed slightly low white cell count.
    I've been googling today to see what all this means and it says leukaemia ?!? I don't know what to think and am so scared I've got cancer Please please does anyone have ny ideas, am panicking so much, feel sick. Part of me thinks it's all to do with the dvt and warfarin, but just feel so run down and badly achey all of a sudden, please help?

Re: Leukaemia - so so scared

Hi Pink,

My dad had Leukaemia. He found out when he had an insect bite on his leg that wouldn't heal.

He had night sweats and itching all over his body that was put down to the infected insect bite.

Eventually he went to the hospital for a blood test and knew immediately that something was wrong. His blood, when it went into the tube was thick, completely black.

I doubt that you have Leukaemia sweetheart, try not to worry xx

I am no doctor but sadly my son has had Leukaemia so I do know a little bit about the disease. To me it does not sound like you have the symptoms of Leukaemia. If you had an acute form of it, you would feel very ill indeed, not just aching. I ache in various places most days, painful cramps too all over. There are also chronic types of Leukaemia but the symptoms you have do not really sound at all like a cancer, more like stress from worrying. If you are really worrying so much though you should ask your doctor for more tests, if only to put your mind at rest. I have had so many tests with all the symptoms I have had, lost count now! The problem is stress and anxiety mimic symptoms of more serious illnesses. After what happened with my son I am on high alert with the slightest thing that goes on in my own body. The more I think about any symptom, the worst it gets. If you want to ask me anything else, please do. Although I can't stress enough I am NOT qualified in anyway. Just a mother who has read lots of books, chatted with far too many consultants, and a bit too much of Dr Google!! All the best.

Heya, I've been having aches in my arms and legs for the last few days and like you I've been very worried about what it could be. My mind's been skipping around so much thinking about it and sometimes it really gets me down. But when you sit back, breathe in and think logically about what your feeling you realise that those aches and pains could be one of a million things. I also google my symptoms and I've found that it very rarely helps, all it does is makes me cry thinking about what could be wrong with me. Google really is a sneaky demon. I hope you feel better soon xxx

Thread Information