I had to give in and go and see my GP today. I have been suffering with IBS symptoms for a while, lots of bubbling low down, flatulance but also recently after eating I get a stabbing pain under left rib/under breast (only on left side), occasional hiccups too... I get no actual heartburn or acid but when my lower abdomen is really windy I do feel sickly sometimes.

My GP examined me, he didn't want to refer me for an endoscopy or a re test for helicobacter, I had it last year and received treatment.

He said the stabbing pain under left breast is trapped wind, it seems to hit worse after a meal. I seem to be reacting to pasta and pizza so I am going to cut back on it. He didn't seem concerned that I had a gastric issue, he thought it was more IBS. He didn't think I needed to worry about the sharp stabbing trapped wind pain.

I can't help but worry why after eating I seem to be hiccuping. My symptoms were more lower down so I knew it was IBS, until this week when I am suffering gastric too.

Gp gave me an examination and doesn't think it is anything at all other than IBS.

Can anyone relate to this pain? Should I relax? He has given me peppermint tablets and he said it should pass, but I have had this trapped on the left for a while now.