Thread: Started fluoxetine

Started fluoxetine

Hi could people tell me what’s it’s like taking fluoxetine, iv been too scared to take it but this morning I took it because I need to see if it will help me because I can’t carry on like this!! Has anyone had good experiences with it an how bad are the symptoms?? Advice would be grate thanks

Re: Started fluoxetine

Hi saw you were online. I'm new to this site. Terrible anxiety and emetophobia. Been on fluoxetine fir 8 years. Recently moved onto highest dose. Please give it a go....it help, I promise. Doesn't make you feel any different per sa but things just bother you less. Makes me a bit sleepy but overall I think it's a wonderful drug. It's worth a try eh?

Hi poppie hope your ok! Yeah I’m going to give it ago I’m just scared of all the symptoms but I suppose I’m feeling bad now so not going to make a difference really so might aswel try them!!

Hi,
    I was given it a couple of years ago, had all the same misgivings as you. I did have a bad headache for a few days but when the effects kicked in it was miraculous.

I only needed it for eight months and I felt as though I'd had a Reset button pressed. At the moment I'm anxious again and I would take it again althoughI'd rather not - it'sdaft isn't it? If I had a broken arm I'd have a plaster.

See how you go. It doesn't suit everyone but it is unlikely to harm you. I would advise you to persevere for three weeks, not worry that the headache is a brain tumour, and see how you feel. Good luck! x

Hi speranza thanks for your reply. I’m only on the 4th day feel rubbish which I didn’t really want over Xmas but felt rubbish any way so doesn’t make much difference! I really hope this works an I start to feel better soon? I’ve tried afew different ones upto now an none of them have worked so hopefully this one does??

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Hi really need help iv only been on fluoxetine for 4 days an I feel awful can u get side effects this early?? Don’t think il be able to stay on these if I’m going to feel like this awhile? I feel awful! I have 2 kids don’t know how I’m going to come with Xmas day! Can’t stop shaking I’m freezing but seating an feel like I’m on the Berger of a panic attack are these normal side effects???? Please help

The first four or five weeks can be tough. You'll probably feel worse than you did before you started taking it. After this horrible phaze you'll start to see some sunshine, then more and more of it. The thing with Prozac is you have to stick with it. I'd say 8 weeks minimum but more like 12. I'm currently in week 5 and have terrible insomnia, but it is just another side effect. Take each day at a time. The side effects show it is working.
    Good luck x

I never made it past 5 days. My heart started acting weirdly and by the 5th day I broke out in hives and itched all over. Luckily for you hives and rash only happens to 7% of people. Hopefully you have better luck with it than me. I am too frightened to try anything else now so who knows.

Thread Information