Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restart Escitalopram, encouraging words....

Re: Restart Escitalopram, encouraging words....

It will. 100%

I am day 10 5mg and I seem to have permanent indigestion. Is this normal? Will it go away. I also have a very flat mood at the moment and wondering if this is just the meds adjusting and just need more time ??

Yes. This is perfectly normal. I went through the exact same things. It will get better with each week. Try to take a week as milestones rather then days. Cipralex takes some time to adjust with your body/brain.

Well I am on day 14 5mg today and the side effects seem to have now left thank god. I am due to see the GP today as the intention was to up the dose to 10mg. Just worried about going through all the side effects again. Will it be the same or to a lesser extent as they are in my system already ? Also my mood still seems flat, I am not sure if it is the meds adjusting or am just analysing myself too much !

Hey. Glad you are feeling better.
    There is a high chance that you might have some side effects when going on 10mg, but should be less intense.

For the flat mood, i think it's both your anxiety and the body adjustment. Take one day at a time. It will be ok once you get on therapeutic level of 10 mg. I went through the exact same process, so try not to worry to much.

Keep us posted with what's bothering you so we can give you support.

God bless!

I am on day 18, day 5 on 10mg. Didn't have any immediate side effects from increasing from 5mg to 10mg, but today I feel really nauseous and have an upset stomach. Could this be side effects? Why has it taken 5 days since uping the dose for the side effects to start?

Yeah, it's normal. You will have good days and bad days until your body adjusts. Don't worry about it to much. Have some ginger tea or something to take away the nausea. I found that eating A fruit or a snack helps.

Day 21, 7 days on 10mg. Stomach seems to have settled now.
    Get the occasional headache but nothing major and feel a bit tired. I have felt though in the past couple of days my anxiety has increased slightly and wondering if it is going to work or not or is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    Day 21, 7 days on 10mg. Stomach seems to have settled now.
    Get the occasional headache but nothing major and feel a bit tired. I have felt though in the past couple of days my anxiety has increased slightly and wondering if it is going to work or not or is this normal?
    Yes. Perfectly normal. I am on month 3 and still get occasional anxiety spikes. It will go away with time. Hang in there, all will be well.

Sorry have another question! I feel very unmotivated lately which isn't like me at all, even when my anxiety was high I was always very positive and get up and go, but recently feel like staying in bed and do nothing. Can escitalopram do this to you ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information