Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sudden feeling of extreme sadness, scared of brain tumor

Having every brain tumor symptom, I'm terrified!

Hello guys, sorry if this is just way too long, but I needed to get it off my chest since no one else understands me. I'm a 22 year old gal, I already was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and persistent depression when i was 17, but only went to 2 sessions of therapy.
    Ok in this message I will focus in what is happening to me right now. The last 5 years I became a very sedentary person, only going out to uni, and staying in my house almost all of the time using my cellphone the whole day (about 12 hours a day playing and using tumblr), but only when I'm off college. Last summer I dtarted getting sharp pains in my head, sharp pains are not new since I had them when I was 14, had a ct scan in 2013 when I was 17 and it was normal. Ok last summer I was on my 3 month vacation off college, the sharp started again and they seem to be localized top right of my head, almost the same exact spot 60-70% of the time i can put my finger on it. I also developed a new kind of headache it's like it comes suddenly and feels like my whole head is being crushed but it only lasts seconds but really really scares the heckk out of me. These headaches are not new to me, but the fact that they're becoming more frequent and many are localized in one spot makes me think of a brain tumor. I also had night sweats last summer and I also thought I had lymphoma cause I have swollen painless lymph nodes, but I had blood work, thyroid and lymp node ultrasound and everything came "fine". Ok so when fall came I entered college once again and the headaches started to dissapear completely, I even was surprised by the fact I was sleeping very well during that time. Ok right now I've been on vacays for one month in my house without going out anywhere and the headaches have come back. I also have developed nausea the whole day, short term memory loss, smelled phantom smell of smoke, difficult to find words, my first language is spanish and sometimes I only find words in english, high temperature, left leg pain, popping ears, eye and forehead pain and the list goes on. I'm scared it is a brain cancer now cause I use my phone a lot and have slept with it for 5 year because it's my alarm and I'm scared it gave me brain cancer help I'm desperate and my healtg insurance will be available in 3 months :'(

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Also my symptoms seem to get worse when I'm out of college, because when I'm college I'm focused in something more than googling brain cancer stories, symptoms etc. and I don't go out since I don't have close friends. When I was 17 I had the worst crisis and that's when they diagnosed me, I had left arm pain, sharp pains in chest, cold/hot feeling all over my body, every single noise and sudden stimuli scared me and made me jump, dysnea, fatigue, pressure in head, something moving inside my head, twitches ALL over my body, pressure in chest, night sweats, derealization, trembling.
    Throughout all of these 5 years I had thought I had:
    2013: brain tumor, heart attack, multiple sclerosis, epylepsy
    2014: heart failure, tongue cancer, liver cancer
    2015: brain tumor, ataxya cerebellum
    2017: brain tumor, lymphoma, rabies, leuhemya, gasthritis

Re: Having every brain tumor symptom, I'm terrified!

There isn't a single piece of evidence to suggest mobile phones cause brain cancer. Seeing as they've been ubiquitous with everyone for well over a decade, wouldn't it be a terrifying epidemic that was wiping out Western Civilisation by now if so? Please put that completely out of your head (and don't Google it as you'll read a lot of rubbish from the conspiracy crowd).

You've also been checked out for your headaches with a CT scan. If something was big enough to cause headaches I would have thought they'd have found it. And a brain tumour headache wouldn't just come and go, would it?

Also brain tumours are very rare.

It may not seem like it but many of your symptoms are pretty vague things, and some of them come with the territory of GAD, which should never be underestimated. Obviously I'm no doctor, but I read here someone with anxiety and depression who should try again with therapy rather than anything alarming.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

My reply was before you second comment.

Gosh, that's a litany of fears :( I hope you find some help for the anxiety.

Having every brain tumor symptom, I'm terrified!

Respectfully, your post describes every symptom of anxiety. Are you getting any help for that?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

[QUOTE]smelled phantom smell of smoke[/QUOTE

I'll just let people digest that phrase, and see if people think what i am thinking....

[QUOTE=wilky44;1757038]
    smelled phantom smell of smoke[/QUOTE

I'll just let people digest that phrase, and see if people think what i am thinking....
    I know what you are thinking but it has been checked out and all ok.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi @axolotl thank you for taking your timer to reply me I really appreciate it, well I know there haven't been enough evidence of cell phones cancer except of a study in rats last year showed a slight increase in glioma in the rats exposed to radio waves. When I read that I almost fainted. But yeah it's true we'd see a brain cancer epidemy by now so if there was an actual risk, it'd probably be small and in my country there are less than 100 brain tumor diagnosed every yearl. BUT my dear mind wants me to believe I have a brain tumor, and I have many of the symptoms, and I'm so scared I'm actually planning my funeral and getting ready for the mal grand seizure to happen INSTEAD of focusing in the fact that I'm getting my psychology degree in december. I feel stupid and sad, cause how am i going to help other people if I can't help myself. To get rid of the idea of me getting brain cancer because of cell phones it's hard every single minute I check on the internet for symptoms, stories, youtube videos of surgeries (terrible idea!) I've been crying all of these weeks thinkinf that if I haven't used my phone that much I would be okay. *sigh* I'll try to ask my parents for money go to a psychiatrist next to see If I can get any help, I know my family loves me but they're probably sick of me. Ct scan was almost 5 years ago, I also thought about getting cancer because the ionizing radiation of the ct scan :( I cry because I feel miserable and don't wanna keep feeling like this, I haven't been happy, I have no friends besides my classmates, i don't have a boyfriend, My whole life has been WASTED thinking I have terminal illnesses :'(

No worries. Looked a bit odd, first time poster and all that

Exclamation Re: Having every brain tumor symptom, I'm terrified!

[QUOTE=wilky44;1757038]
    smelled phantom smell of smoke[/QUOTE

I'm scared of what you're thinking actually... My ct scan was almost 5 years ago and the smoke smell only happened once last year, I also smell like mucus inside my nose but I have had many years smelling it. I'll probably go to an eye doctor first to see if they can spot anything in my brain.

Don't worry Elle - Wilky thought you were another member with a new account on here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

[QUOTE=elle95;1757044]
    Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post

I'm scared of what you're thinking actually... My ct scan was almost 5 years ago and the smoke smell only happened once last year, I also smell like mucus inside my nose but I have had many years smelling it. I'll probably go to an eye doctor first to see if they can spot anything in my brain.
    Yes, many apologies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information