Thread: Brain scanning....

Brain scanning....

Hi,

So I am much better with my depression and slowly getting there with my anxiety BUT the last symptom I have is a strange one. My Brain seems to scan as soon as I wake up for something to worry about and ruminate over... the tortured me all day about this same thought. It can be anything, anything the Brain can think of!!

Going upstairs cutting all my hair off... getting drunk at 9am in the morning... and loads more. The good thing is the suicidal ideation has stopped I’m just left with these thoughts..

Anyone else had this? I’m in therapy etc so I understand the thought cycle etc but I just would like to talk it through with anyone who has had this?

Kind regards

Re: Brain scanning....

Hello

Yup! Same here.

x

Re: Brain scanning....

Heightened state of anxiety? It's like how anxiety is often described as being on a higher setting as a default.

So, if you wake up to a few seconds of "oh I'm away" to suddenly "what's the weird sensation" then to me that's just been how my GAD has always been.

If you mean your anxiety is searching for things like "what if I cut all my hair off" or "what if I get drunk at 9am" then it sounds like it's searching for risks. Like intrusive thoughts it's important not too react to them as it's just an overactive system popping out all sorts of "what ifs" to trigger the fear reaction to reinforce it's need to be working.

I try to view it as sending out options which I can choose to disregard as daft. As if everything is being questioned to learn what matters. I will teach it to see something as important if I let it upset me or it learns it's irrelevant by giving it a big "meh".

Thread Information