Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can feel my pulse everywhere!

Re: I can feel my pulse everywhere!

Hi all,

I've had the same symptoms for over two years now. For all you out there that suffer from this every day please be rest assured that it's all in your head. I have pretty much got over this apart from feeling my pulse when I go to bed now and again. I cope with this in two ways.

1. I do lots of exercise

This helps because if I'm fit and healthy then I tell my brain that there can be nothing wrong with me. This relaxes my body.

2. When I start to feel my pulse I focus on my breathing

I focus on slow and steady breathing. It takes my mind off the pulsating feeling.

I always beleive that if you are not in pain, you feel fine and you are young then there can be nothing wrong. The mind can play tricks ok you so don't let it.

Tony

I too get all these symptoms and thought I was anemic or even worse... i went to the doctor and she just dis regarded me and said that i need to sleep better etc so gave me some leaflets, every now and again ill have a little panic attack and my heart goes like mad and i feel spaced out and distant from everyone all the time.

These types of forums help me understand what I am going through but I am only 18 and at uni and have only been having these problems since studying away from home so this may be the problem.

I have night terrors and things which stop me from sleeping but when I do sleep well 10hours for example I will feel drained, tired and aching muscles everywhere

sorry for putting this on you guys but i feel intimidated by my own body its horrible.

Jack

x

Hi guys.

I too am going through this problem right now. I'm determined though not to let it get to me. Since reaching my 'peak' of acute anxiety I have suffered every symptom going. Indegestion/stomach cramps, dizzyness/headaches, muscle pains etc etc. I've learnt though that it is only the mind that is causing this. Unfortunately it is true that people suffering with anxiety are very in-tune with their own body and its part and parcel of the problem that we become very introvert and self obsessive. The mind is a very powerful tool and as soon as you 'think' you feel something untoward the mind will undoubtedly focus all its attention on that perceived 'problem'. Normal people (and I apologise for using that term) will shrug this off - think nothing of it and move on with there thoughts and activities. Unfortunately us anxious people divert all our attention to it which inevitably heightens the effects of the symptom and sends us into a whirlpool of panic and self doubt.

I speak from experience only but found when I 'thought' I had a problem eg. stomach pain for weeks after I had indegestion and cramps (thought I had stomach cancer, ulcers etc). Then one day I woke up and - nothing. I was fine. Then the dizzyness and headaches started and for the following weeks I thought I had a brain tumour or diabetes - everything under the sun. Then one day - suprise - I woke up and it was gone. Now its the heart beat problem and I have the same concerns of high blood pressure, heart attack! It is just the mind working over time. One day, when the brain realises I'm not going to die and that the heart beat doesn't bother me anymore this will stop and another problem will start. Its a vicious cycle!

Ask yourself this - when you are really distracted does the problem persist or do you forget about it? Even if its just for minutes or seconds? If you possibly had a real problem this wouldn't happen (and I'm not suggesting you do!)

The only answer is distraction, distraction, distraction! And if it does get the better of you - beat it down with a stick and keep telling yourself you're fine. *You are in control of you.*

Whatever you do though, try and relax.

Its a horrible feeling because you think it will never end - I'm the same but stay strong and don't let it get you down.

Anxiety is the worst thing ever! I can never understand why my own mind would want to torment me so much?

Hope this helps. Sorry to ramble on . . .

Quote Originally Posted by iworryallthetime View Post
    HI i to get this ,i can be sitting still and if every wheres quiet i can feel my whole body heart beat ,and if i hold my hands out i can see them beat ..
    i also get these flutters in my throat and chest to ..does anyone get like a falling feeling in your tummy? i do specially when im lying watching tv or like now on computer worried is something els ? had blood tests done last week all normal so i do hope its nothing bad .....:-(

YES! I get this sensation! Ive been to the hospital over palps/chest pains etc and they assured me I was fine and my heart is healthy...Ive had THREE opinions so I highly, highhhhly doubt its anything sinister!

Even though I have low blood pressure, I have this feeling too every once in a while, strangely enough, mostly when I am relaxed, for example reading a book or lying in the bed trying to fall asleep, etc.
    I remember a few weeks ago I was sitting on the couch in the evening reading a good book and my legs were covered with a blanket. I started to feel my pulse all over in my body and was watching the blanket moving / pulsing on my legs!!

It is just an annoying symptom, nothing to worry about. I also had my heart checked a few months ago and the doc told me it is completely healthy.

im having good and bad days with this :( more bad than good im afraid...id feel more confident abt it being anxiety if i didnt have the chest discomfort/shortness of breath and occassional chest wheeze....ive been to the hospital, docs etc and they tell me itsnt my heart but im still scared... :'(

I have suffered from this issue for about two years. I'm glad I'm not alone! I have gone to my primary doctor and the cardiologist about this issue for the past two years and they tell me I'm fine. I do suffer from anxiety and am a self proclaimed mild hypochondriac (I don't read the warning labels that come with medicine because I'll be guaranteed to get some side effects!).

After reading your posts and knowing that this is linked with anxiety, I feel much better. Now I need to work on convincing my brain that I'm really ok.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi all!

my age is 23 yo and i am having same problem!! and right now having very unstable

condition!!

i use to do heavy cigrette smoking like 10-20 a day, and chew tobacco sometimes

too.. strictly QUIT every thing on 8th nov onwards!

anyways,
    this all happend on 8th Nov, 11 days back from today, i came to home and start

felling my heart beat ponding in my chest, felt my own heart beat! with a little

feeling of fainting... i breathed hardly!! i panicked and thought i was having an

heart attack or some thing...., i went to hospital emergency.. they check my

vitals they were normal.. heartbeat high and blod pressure like 130-90 dr. gave

me some injection for depression and stomach.. i calmed then and sleep that

night..

next day the whole day i was felling the same feeling and at night it got severe

feeling.. i felt like my heart beat racing very much and going to have some heart

attack.. i went to hospital again they check my vitals etc etc.. told me that i

am fine go home and rest..

then this feeling continued, dr suggested me to have ECG and i got ECG 3 times...

ECG is fine.. but it is showing "heart palpitation"(heartbeat skipping) in 1 ECG

and i can feel it too.. if any one want to c i can send my ECG..

heart palpitation is not dangerous and many people have this problem.. so i hope

it will not cause any problem...

from that day i am having this anxiety feeling is always with me now from 8th

Nov today in 19 Nov, and i got these feelings when i am on my peak(Indegestion/stomach cramps, dizzyness/headaches) i am very scared some times that i hope its not a heart

problem, damaged heart or something??.. or should i have some more tests? or some

medicine will help me? i dont know..

this forum helps me alot! reading ur guys comments gives me a feeling that may be its not that serious as my mind is telling it is.. thanks guys,.. God bless you!

i feel this too started after my bp was found at 220/120 this summer ive had menny tests done and they say im ok i am on 2 meeds to keep bp down was wondering is it all because of the serquell im on for my personallty disorder

I am not sure if this is related but i can sometimes feel my pulse in odd places. For example i might feel it in my eye, finger, lip, or tounge. It usually goes away within a day or two and i doubt it's stress related
    Last edited by mr_you; 07-07-13 at 08:53.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information