Thread: numbness (mainly leg), tingling head

numbness (mainly leg), tingling head

having got through a period of experiencing constant palpitations, then a non-stop tension headache i thought my symptoms had gone. then i started getting a feeling of numbness in my left leg. my doctor told me this is either my anxiety or most likely a trapped nerve (because it effects me so often) and nothing serious because i have no pain and my reflexes are fine. however i can't seem to just forget about it; making it especially bad at night and stopping me from sleeping. i also get numbness/cramps in my arms and hands and most recently i have started getting a tingling sensation where my tension headache was; almost as if it is slightly numb or something's moving on my head. has anyone else had any of my symptoms?

sally xxx

Re: numbness (mainly leg), tingling head

hiya,
    you aren't alone on this one. for the last 8 months or so i have had pain and numbness in my left leg on and off. i too have been told it was a trapped nerve, but i didn't think it would last this long.
    now the doc seems to think i have restless leg syndrome as i tend to feel the pain/numbness more when i am sat or in bed. of course the more i think about it the worse it gets.

i know its hard but i think your doc is right. i have found when i'm busy i don't think about the pain etc, but as soon as i'm sat wham i start worrying and fretting.

i do try not to focus on the pain but sometimes its so difficult.

wishing u well

pp1

Ive been getting leg cramps at night lately and decided to buy some potassium tablets from holland and barrett.

Low Potassium in the body causes.....

palpatations
    anxiety
    cramps
    nausea

It can be caused by , excess sweating , diarreah , or just a diet lacking enough potassium.

I once was taken into hospital and put on a drip cos my potassium was too low , I think alot of people with anxiety disorders have low potassium.

sounds exactly the same as my problem! have you been prescribed anything for it? or have you just been told to live with it?

x

Thread Information