Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aching Left Arm

Smile Re: Aching Left Arm

Hey everyone.

I stumbled across this website today when i was self diagnosing myself (again). I have been getting panic attacks in my sleep for years which i began to manage but now im out of work and i have panic attacks, anxiety attacks and palpitations almost everyday (day and night). This has been going on for months.

I have had 2 ECG and blood test as well as numerous trips to the doctors but i cant get it out of my head that there's a possibility that their wrong.

Lately im getting pains in my left arm. It started with my left leg which became really painful when i walked on it. I know its symptoms of panic attacks but i cant seem to accept that. My symptoms range from numbness, tingling and aches in my left arm and leg, chest pains, nausea, insomnia, fatigue. Ive practically had it all. Ive become obsessed with it all.

After looking at a few threads i realise im not alone. I know exactly how everyone feels. Its tuff to get through but it can be acheived. After all we have a great deal of help from people on this site who know where we are all coming from.

Coming on here has shown me that im not alone and that makes me sure that i can overcome this. We can all overcome this. This website is a godsend x x x

Re: Aching Left Arm

Honestly, my left arm is aching as I'm typing a response to this thread!!!

Wow........I also have left arm ache A LOT of the time. I also get quite sharp chest pains sometimes under my left breast, sometimes right on the left of my left breast, sometimes it feels directly over where my heart would lie but I have to remind myself that chest pain i.e. heart attack chest pain would feel more like a big fat elephant is sat right in the center of my chest so that should be reassuring enough but because I have health anxiety, it isn't!!!!!

I've been suffering with stress/anxiety around since my daughter was born 6 years ago. I didn't ever suffer thankfully with depression but did develop anxiety.

A bit of advice, come in here by all means but NEVER GOOGLE your symptoms - it will worry you all the more!!!! If ever you get left arm ache and you are looking for reassurance, come here - if you google 'left arm ache' - it will read HEART ATTACK which for those who are suffering from health related anxiety then the worry that seeing that could bring one on for real!!!

Take care, Sal xxx

i've had pains in both my arms since september of last year. similarly to you i've had an ecg, blood tests and various other discussions with doctors about what it might have be.

i ended up going to see a chiropractor about it, and his simple recommendation was to change the position in which i sleep. although i get the pains every now and again (particularly today), this has helped dramatically.

well i googled my symptoms of getting a constant ache/pain in my left arm everynight that slowly creeps into my chest i have had this for around a year i have seen several doctors under gone all the tests possible ecg etc even ran on a tread mill till my blood pressure hit the alarm on the machine and it stopped and nothing wrong only a slightly raised cholesterol level, then i found this forum,

about 6 years ago i came off paroxatine ( not an easy task ) i was on them for 10 years for deppresion/anxeity and a phobia of chokin
    im fine now no anxeity or depression well so i thought but it appears im doing the exact same thing

looking up my symptoms on google and concluding im having a heart attack or stroke i guess after a year of pain and every medical test possible if my heart was dodgy it would have given up by now,

im so glad i came across the site after reading this thread i have realised the pain is more than likely to be anxeity and i now know where to begin with the recovery

i know this reply doesnt really have a point to it
    i just wanted to thank you all for helping me realise i was on that slippery down hill slope again ,

"fear is there to protect us"

have a great day

I have left arm pain.. Had it for about two years and it was wors at the elbow and I thought maybe I had tennis elbow!

There isn't a day I wake up without any aches or pains anywhere.

If a day did arise,I think I would worry why I DIDN'T have a pain!

xx

Unhappy Re: Aching Left Arm

I am suffering these attacks at the moment, i lost my mum 3 months ago and after suffering really bad anxiety attacks for about 7 weeks afterwards they finally stopped and i thought i was getting my body and mind back to normal... until this week when bam back with avengance, last night i had what i know now as another anxiety attack i had never had the pain in the arm before and it wasnt until i was i making myself worse that the other pains started. it is my mums birthday coming up this week so i am hoping that this is the cause.

I hate feeling this way and only have myself and my children and no partner to rely on so this is soo scary and i am so alone!
    I feel so pathetic the morning after an attack as it seems so trivial but it is anything but that when i am having one!

So here's to normality again at some point

Thank you for listening to me
    Mel x

WOW i have just found this site and its great, my left arm has been feeling weird since Wednesday, its kinda aches it tingles every now and again and im terrified im going to have a heart attack or stroke, i have severe health anxiety's and Agoraphobia so i have to ring the doctor and they come to see me, i have a phone appointment on Monday to speak to a gp, my gp has told me before there is nothing wrong with my heart but ive had no tests as i cant go out, arrrgghhh someone tell me im ok. Like my husband has said if it was something wrong it would have happened by now and im still here, but im still scared/

I'm so glad I found this site. My partner had a heart attack on Sunday. (Fortunately we got him to the hospital early and after inserting a balloon into his artery to unblock it, no damage was done apparently) But Monday night I started feeling a range of symptoms myself and could not work out if I was having an attack (going out in sympathy) myself or suffering an anxiety/stress attack. As previous posts have noted; if you google your symptoms you would check yourself in to the nearest emergency ward asap. Unfortunately as I live in Romania that is not an appealing option under any circumstances.
    But after reading the posts on here I came to the conclusion that I was suffering from anxiety (back tension - which I tend to get when severely stressed, arm pain and slight pressure in my chest) - not unlike my partner but not as severe. Coupled with no sleep and a good imagination the best thing I did that night was log on here to find some sense and like effected people. So I just wanted to say thanks to all, and keep up the good work in putting us late night surfers minds at ease.

You're not wearing nicotine patches are you? Only time ive had pains in my arm is when I use those. I have no idea why it does it, but the many time I have used them ive noticed the pattern!
    Would be nice to know what thats about just out of interest.
    Its like an intermittent ache that goes through the arm on the side I have the patch (I usually put them on my shoulder & alternate every day)

No, no nicotine patches here. The ache has gone away now. I just think it was a stress reaction to my partners heart attack. Since then I've done an awful lot of sleeping - just catching up I suppose. Today I feel fine.
    On the upside, it looks like he's getting out tomorrow, which is just as well if you saw the conditions he's staying in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information