Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Disturbances

Hi HJ

At the height of my anxiety I used to get allsorts of visual disturbances;-
    Floaters constantly and still with me now
    Flashing lights at the outside of my vision
    Very sensitive to bright lights
    Sparkly lights now and again which used to send me into complete panic.
    Blurred vision etc

Take care

Elaine x

Been for an eye test today and the optician said she couldnt find anything wrong. She could see right to the back of my eye and could tell that there was no pressure from my brain etc - BUT she has recommended I go for further checks as it's unusual to have these flickering blobs SO often. I've had one attack nearly every day for 6 days. She said to get a hospital appointment where they'll check blood supply in my brain amongst other things. REALLY anxious! Has anyone else ever had a brain scan or similar!?

Hi Heebie,

Did you tell the optician that you suffer from anxiety.

I have had these kind of visual probs for months. They are always worse when Im tired, anxious or due for my monthly.

Im sure if the blood supply to your brain was being affected, you would have headaches too, along with other symptoms.

My neighbour is being tested at the moment after having had a minor stroke. He had terrific headaches, to the point where he couldn't stand the pain and had to be put on morphine!

Try to calm down. Health proffesionals always test for the worst scenario. They get sued for medical negligence so often nowadays that they cant leave anything to chance.

Jude x

Thanks Jude, that's reassuring. Can't sleep because of it and just thought I'd see if anyone had replied. Yes...I'm tired, stressed AND due for my monthly, so it is sounding like it is just another of these EVIL symptoms. I have a job accepting any kind of medical problem without fearing the absolute worst. It's one of my problems but I think this one has to be the scariest. I'm going to put the kettle on and go and try to get some much needed sleep. Thanks again...Night night

Hi all got passed to here from a website i have recently started getting bad panic attacks again after almost two years of being panic free it was braught on again by being ill but now i think there is allsorts wrong with me i have noticed lately that when in a badly lit room one of my pupils are bigger than the other now im absolutely terrified that there is something seriously wrong with me or is it just the panic making me think there is something wrong with them as everyone else says there is nothing wrong with them?? getting more scared about it everyday but with the amount i have been to the doctors lately because im panicking over one thing or another im a bit worried that they are going to tell me to find another doctor

hi andy welcome to the site im sure you will find it helpful and as you read through the posts im sure lots of your questions will be answered

fan x

Hi Andy

Welcome to the site, you ahve come to the right place. You'll get lots of help and support here from like-minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

Thanks everyone it will be good to talk to other people who have similar problems as most just think your mad or something

Hi I was wondering do anyones eyes get smaller when they have a panic attack?

one of mine goes big one goes small but i could just be seeing things

"Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows like a song. But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information