Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you die of heart break & lonliness?

Unhappy Can you die of heart break & lonliness?

I feel so horrible & guilty thinking about myself & am I dying of this & that etc etc. My beautiful cat lost her life last week & most times I'm thinking about how bad I feel!!!

When I'm not thinking about myself, I'm thinking about Lady which absolutely breaks my heart, I feel so lonely & lost. I know that apparently time heals but it's now I need the healing because the feelings are so bad!!

Can you literally die of heart break & lonliness? I'm so sad, yet so anxious about myself, my head is all over the place.

Els

Re: Can you die of heart break & lonliness?

you wont die from your broken heart Els, but you will take time to recover and youll never forget. Loss is one of the most awful things any one can endure and at times you feel as if your heart is being ripped out. Give yourself time it wont happen over night
    take care of yourself

Els

If you could die of heart break then trust me hun, i would be dead 10 times over. I know it feels like the end of the world but i promise you that time does heal. You will never forget Lady but that awful hurt you feel at the moment will ease.

Please don't be so hard on yourself Els.
    Thinking of you
    Lisa
    xx

Els

You wont die but as a fellow pet lover I know how you feel

I dont like to say this because I have no right to tell people what to do but as a lot of others have said I think you should adopt another puss in Ladys memory

She will be watching you from Rainbow Bridge and wanting you to help another cat in distress I know

I do voluntary work for an animal charity and have loads of contacts so if you decide this is the way to go I can help you

You will not be "replacing" her or being disloyal to her memory in any way

If I can help Els then let me know and if I have spoken out of turn I apologise

Thinking of You

Kaz x x x

Hello Els,

What you are feeling at the moment is totally normal; I think grieving is a lonely experience; even though the pain and lonliness seem intolerable, I know you won't die of a broken heart; in time to come your thoughts will not be bound up in so much grief and sorrow, and you will be able to look back peacefully on loving memories of Lady.

During times of stress it is usual for anxiety levels increase, so don't feel guilt about your own health concerns. I was exactly the same a few years ago when one of my dogs died. I think our grief expresses itself in this way.

No you cant!!!

But I am really sorry about your pet,
    As much as I dont like pets, and I have 3: a persian cat and 2 humsters, which were bought by my husband BECAUSE of the kids....

I would really feel sorry if something happens to them, becuase even for me - NOT A PET LOVER - they already feel part of our family...

Just try and take your mind of it and maybe go out with the friend for a bit...

No I don't think you can die of a broken heart or lonliness. I was divorced ten years ago to my first wife. I traveled and went from place to place and was so sad. My mom had died and she was all I had left of my family.

I lost faith and hope and cursed god and begged him to let me die.

Well to make a long story short im still here 10 years later a lot has happened and Im married again and well .. I didn't die of a broken heart or lonliness.

However its a known fact that depression in older people has a tendency to breaking down the immunity system and might cause them to get really sick and die but from everything I have read and everything I have ever known thats a one in a billion chance.

I think most of the time that people say someone died from a broken heart it is probably because they neglected themselves and got ill and just died,
    not that they died from broken heart or lonliness just neglected their health and eventually died. Hope this helps. Michael

els I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I know our dog was like family to us and only pet owners will know this.

I once read the following

A dog thinks we are God because we feed it walk it and take care of all its needs

A cat thinks its God because we feed it, play with it and do everything for it. I found that quite right lol

You wont die but it takes time to get over the loss and in time you will. Take care and BIG HUG for you xxooxoo

when i lost my cat i got a new kitten from a rescue center,
    she got a new home n i had such a cute kitten to lift my mood :-)

PS Im sorry too about the loss of your cat. We lost a horse this year that we have had many years. It was terrible. Im very sorry.. Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information