Thread: IBS pains/period pains...unsure???

IBS pains/period pains...unsure???

Hi,
    I have suffered IBS now for nearly 2 years, im still getting used to what is IBS symptoms and whats not, so im unsure that whats happening now is IBS or something else.
    Im getting what feels like quite strong period pains, i suffer with bad period pains so thats what im relating the pain against. Im not due for about a week or so, but as i only usually get period pains on the !st day of my period im abit stumped!!!
    I get with my IBS servere bloating and cramps both sides and random pains everywhere in my tummy, but i cant recall ever feeling these pains very low down across the bikini area mainly and relating to them feeling like period pains.
    So i was just wondering if anyone else with IBS has ever experianced this before??
    Thank you in advance

Debs xx

Re: IBS pains/period pains...unsure???

Hi Debs
    Yes I know what you mean.
    I posted this thread last week, have a read. Its not very long, but it just shows how common it seems to be. And increasing!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73054

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cell block H fan View Post
    Hi Debs
    Yes I know what you mean.
    I posted this thread last week, have a read. Its not very long, but it just shows how common it seems to be. And increasing!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73054

xx
    You're so right about the "and increasing" bit, I was just thinking how much this has come up on here lately.

I had a really tender belly a few days ago, no toilet trouble but the pain started with a band across the lowest art of my belly then I got loads of lower back pain and then a really tender inflamed belly, central, like a big area around my belly button, this went on for four days and I still have the lower back pain that feels exactly like period pain.

Could it be a bug!?!? I only say that cos so many women seem to be having it! Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Onwards & Upwards View Post
    You're so right about the "and increasing" bit, I was just thinking how much this has come up on here lately.

I had a really tender belly a few days ago, no toilet trouble but the pain started with a band across the lowest art of my belly then I got loads of lower back pain and then a really tender inflamed belly, central, like a big area around my belly button, this went on for four days and I still have the lower back pain that feels exactly like period pain.

Could it be a bug!?!? I only say that cos so many women seem to be having it! Strange!

I have no idea, its a bit of mystery why it seems to be on the increase. Maybe women are just mentioning it more. Someone else did say its common for the doctors to even confuse Gyne problems with I.B.S & if it confuses them, what chance do we have! lol
    Its possible its a bug. I am inclined to think mine is I.B.S personally, the last few times ive had it, its started whilst ovulating, so about 11/12 days before my period, but someone else said its common for it to be triggered off by the hormones. So could be I.B.S. who knows!
    If the nurse I get doing my pap test next week seems ok, I might mention it to her.
    x

Thanks guys,
    glad u all know what i mean!! lol. And i agree it seems to be on the increase so who knows! Thats cell block i read your post, i missed that 1!! It does seem very similar, so thank you.

Debs xx

Thread Information