Thread: it seems my atack has come back as realy bad stomach pains

it seems my atack has come back as realy bad stomach pains

i had the worst pain in my stomach a few minutes ago and im scared so bad
    im on anti anxiaty drugs and yet im still freaking out
    dam i need help this need to go away ,it felt like my stomach is a water ballon and is about to expload so painfull and its scaring me so bad bringing
    all my fear about spontaniouse combustion back and all the doctors can say is take paracetamol , paracetamol does nothing it seems for normal things

what am i gonna do cause this has got to stop its effecting my work as a muscian and every remanance i had of my social life

what can i do?
    what can i do?
    what can i do?

Re: it seems my atack has come back as realy bad stomach pains

Hello Touhey And Welcome I Get Pains Also In Belly And Very Bloated Doc Took Many Test :nothing: But I Believe I Suffer With Ibs......take A Look At The Forum Under Ibs.......it Could Be That Sounds Like It..wish You Well.........linda

Hi.....When I was really suffering badly with my anxiety I had bad stomach pains too. I used to use one of those heated wheat bags on my tummy to ease the pain. Once I got over the anxiety then the pains disappeared. I'm sure my pains were caused through tension.

It could also be acid indigestion type thing.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello Touchey,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I use to get these all the time. They would double me over in my tracks. It's the anxiety hun, try to get your mind onto something else. I know that's hard to do, but you can do it.

I haven't had these in a while. I am in the recovery stage of panic anxiety. It's taken me 6 years to get here. Don't give up you can do this, and yes it is a hellish battle back to the top. Remember you aren't alone.

Try warm heat on your stomach next time, it always helped me.

Hi Touchey,

sounds like good old anxiety, it can cause really bad tummy pains or it could be acid indigestion. How long have you been on your meds for??
    Just try to relax and take your mind off it by doing something that will distract you, hope your feeling better today xx

Acid can cause burning sensations or severe pain. I'm not sure if there's a connection to medication or not but I used to get terrible pain in my stomach at night due to acid. The doctor prescribed voltirol? Can't remember the exact spelling. He also suggested to place a brick or 2 under the head end of the bed to stop the acid travelling upwards at night. During the day, I'd take something like gaviscon to neutralise the acid.

When we're anxious we swallow Alot. This air builds up in the stomach which also causes terrible pain. I think this is why some people chew a lot.

I used to experience bad stomach pains after being at work all day because I'd been swallowing air and creating acid in the stomach. One other thing is that when we're anxious, we tense our muscles including the stomach muscles which also adds pressure on the stomach. We're not aware we're doing this. Just relax the stomach muscles if you feel your muscles are tensed up.

If you're unsure if pains are being caused by anxiety, there's no harm just asking your doctor to put your mind at rest.

Thread Information