Thread: Day 5 of Prozac

Day 5 of Prozac

I am on day 5 of 10mg of Prozac and having some weird ups and down. I am coming off Celexa at the same time so I don't know what is the Celexa withdrawal and what is the Prozac side effects. Long story short, I am on the Prozac for severe anxiety and for some reason this morning I woke up SO afraid of developing suicidality as a result of the medication. Let me be clear, I don't want to end my life. I am actually super afraid of dying and leaving my wife and child alone, but for some reason I keep getting this intense feeling that I'm just going to lose control and there is nothing I can do about it... Has anyone else gone through this when starting a new medication?

Re: Day 5 of Prozac

Quote Originally Posted by Bread430 View Post
    I am on day 5 of 10mg of Prozac and having some weird ups and down. I am coming off Celexa at the same time so I don't know what is the Celexa withdrawal and what is the Prozac side effects. Long story short, I am on the Prozac for severe anxiety and for some reason this morning I woke up SO afraid of developing suicidality as a result of the medication. Let me be clear, I don't want to end my life. I am actually super afraid of dying and leaving my wife and child alone, but for some reason I keep getting this intense feeling that I'm just going to lose control and there is nothing I can do about it... Has anyone else gone through this when starting a new medication?
    Hi Bread430, IV never been on celexa so can't tell you anything about that but I'm currently on flux 20mg I'm now on my 6th week. My first 2/3 weeks on flux was horrendous. I did at one point feel suicidal and was also so afraid of 'losing my mind' during my panic/anxiety attacks. I was so scared during a panic attack early one morning I drove myself to hospital for fear of losing it.
    I'm a single mum to 4 beautiful kids and I can relate totally, I also felt so afraid of losing control of myself and letting my kids down. I felt I had to remain strong in front of them which was so difficult. On the outside I felt I had to 'keep it together', whereas inside I felt overwhelming panic and extreme fear about everything.
    I just took each day, one day at a time. I followed the thread on here the timeline for fluoxitine and it really really helped reading through people's posts and experiences. Just knowing others had experienced the same made it that bit easier to deal with. Also KNOWING it was going to get better, that really kept me strong. But the one thing that helped more than anything else was my family. I eventually shared with them how I was feeling and they really helped me through some dark moments.
    I'm no way out the woods yet (still early days) and even though IV improved somewhat I still have days of feeling overwhelming anxiety and depression. But I keep looking towards the future with my kids and it really does keep me on track...
    You will get through it xx

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really helpful at this moment. I think my main fear is of death and leaving my son behind so the suicidality is not that I am suicidal it's that I am so afraid that I will be one day... I am feeling a little better this morning, but like you said I am just trying to take it one day at a time. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bread430 View Post
    Hello bread. Been on Prozac for 5.5 weeks (4 weeks at 40). It's been a rough road. Had some ok days but mostly tough ones. I have a wife and 3 kids and one of my biggest fears has been suicide. I have never considered it but it freaks me out when I hear about a suicide. I think what if I get that bad and it can make my head spin. I try to just tell myself that it's just my anxiety. Here's to hoping this Prozac works sooner rather then later for all of us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Information