Thread: a week of fluoxotine 60mg!

a week of fluoxotine 60mg!

i cant believe how my anxiety has shot through the roof, i feel one thousand times worse, panicking and terrified about everything

mentally exhausted from panicking all the time, and im going back to work on sunday :(

is this normal for fluoxotine/prozac?

Re: a week of fluoxotine 60mg!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hello
    nobody has replied
    im feeling so low right now

Hi, did the doc gradually increase your dosage to 60 mg? If you started right at 60 mg, there's a good chance that will increase your anxiety for awhile rather than a slow titration.

Quote Originally Posted by elibabez View Post
    hello
    nobody has replied
    im feeling so low right now

Hi I have been on 60mg of fluoxetine for the past 3 years since my mums passing the first few weeks were chaotic on the mind but when it settles they really do help xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I've been on it before (20mg) and experienced this.

Recently I started on 10mg. I was dubious it was really enough even to have an effect but I wasn't nearly as anxious as the previous time so that's where I began.

A couple of weeks in I had the worst week I'd had for years. I was really worried until I realised that it was the side effects and I just needed to hang in there.

I don't know quite why it happens but I can assure you it is (usually) temporary. Of course it's always good to talk to the doctor but if they tell you to hang in, believe them.

As an aside, I had always had low BP but mine had shot through the roof. It's now come right down and stabilised at a very very good level. And that's only with 10mg.

Please hang in there. Now I've spotted your post I will be back to check, and feel free to message me too. DO keep checking with the GP because the same meds can be very different for different people. I have learned on here how very lucky I was that the first one they tried worked so well for me.

Gill x

Thread Information