Thread: Anyone tried 10mg?

Anyone tried 10mg?

I have been on prozac a few times in the past for episodes of major depression which were triggered by anxiety. During those times I would say I was very unwell and barely functioning. The side effects I had starting out were absolutely brutal for a few weeks and I only stuck it out because I was desperate. This time I have persistent long term anxiety but not depression. I am starting on 10mg to try to minimise side effects. I am wondering whether anyone has actually stabilised on 10mg and felt it was sufficient? I am functioning ok but my anxiety is a major issue for me. I want to take the lowest dose possible.

Re: Anyone tried 10mg?

I quit after 5 days, couldn't take the awful side effects. I know fluoxetine has worked for me in the past and I'd use it again as a last resort but it means weeks of me not being able to function at all while I get on it so I'm going to have to try everything else in my power first.

Hey Cattia,

I am actually on 10mg (day 3) and I am starting to feel OK. I am being treated for OCD/panic/depression and have not had any nasty side affects besides fatigue and crazy dreams. Today I feel a little restless, but honestly it is too early to tell. I have never stuck with a medicine long enough to know if it is working or not and I made a pact with my doctor that I would this time.

I'm hopeful as prozac is pretty well tolerated by most. My doctor also reassured me that a low dose is usually effective for most. Hang in there and let me know if you need any advice!!

When I was on prozac in the past, I had every side effect in the book for two weeks. However it did work for me after four weeks and it did really lift me out of a major depression. I wish you luck sticking with it, I've no doubt it will be worth it. I'm not adverse to trying it again in the ffuture but I need to prepare myself because I think I'm unlucky with side effects with all the SSRIs.

Thread Information