Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Today is my third day at 25mg.
    Feel sooo lethargic and kind of stone.
    Do you think this will go away after a bit?????

I take my med in the morning btw.

Thanks for replying !!!

Those sort of symptoms are quite normal when you first increase a dose. Nothing to worry about.

15.5 weeks into 40 mg Fluoxetine and still getting week long dips out of the blue. It's a shame because my 'mental health' seems great, just not my mood and anxiety levels. I have an important set of exams coming up in the next few months. I'm going to stick with Fluoxetine through these and if by the end I don't see better results by the end I'll try another medication.

Well it's been 7 months and I think I can pretty conclusively say that Fluoxetine isn't the one for me. It's better than nothing but previous medications have been more effective for me. Going to cross taper onto Sertraline and see how things go. Best of luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by OakTrees View Post
    Well it's been 7 months and I think I can pretty conclusively say that Fluoxetine isn't the one for me. It's better than nothing but previous medications have been more effective for me. Going to cross taper onto Sertraline and see how things go. Best of luck everyone.
    Hi OakTrees I'm sorry flux hasn't worked out well for you, hopefully you will get better results with Sertraline. A colleague of mine at work has been on Sertraline for a while now and she says it's worked really well for her whereas flux made her feel worse. So fingers crossed for you..
    I'm starting week 10 on Tuesday and I can honestly say I feel IV turned my corner I went into work last week and one of my colleagues mentioned how much happier I seem and I'm smiling!! I can honestly say I feel good for the first time since ages ago. The only blip I had was being changed onto a different make of flux. I was a bit apprehensive as the name of the manufacturer was different and the capsules were completely different to my usual brand, and I noticed I felt a little sick over a three day period and went sooo sleepy tired for a couple of days. I can only put it down to a different ingredient maybe? But no anxiety and no depression which was my main concern.
    I feel I want to enjoy life again and i have more energy to do stuff. I know I will still get days where I'm going to be a little down or fed up and a bit depressed even, and I know keeping my anxiety levels down will be an ongoing battle but for the first time I see light at the end of the tunnel..

Just an update it has started for me yes and luckily working very well. Even i have stopped counting on the weeks i have been on flux but it is a magic. From mid march to till now i have been feeling great and have started having some activities

Quote Originally Posted by OakTrees View Post
    So sorry it didn't work for you. I'm tapering off after 5 months. They don't lknow what I will be on next tho'. What made you choose sertraline?

Quote Originally Posted by Lux71 View Post
    I'm starting week 10 on Tuesday and I can honestly say I feel IV turned my corner I went into work last week and one of my colleagues mentioned how much happier I seem and I'm smiling!! I can honestly say I feel good for the first time since ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by usman081 View Post
    Just an update it has started for me yes and luckily working very well. Even i have stopped counting on the weeks i have been on flux but it is a magic. From mid march to till now i have been feeling great and have started having some activities
    That's great to hear for both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by StaringAtTheSun View Post
    So sorry it didn't work for you. I'm tapering off after 5 months. They don't lknow what I will be on next tho'. What made you choose sertraline?
    I chose Sertraline because it's actually one that's worked for me in the past. I came off Setraline and when I tried to restart it again it seemed to make me ill, but now I realize it was just the start up anxiety making me feel sick. I've now been back on Sertraline for a week and so far I'm feeling good, with no increased anxiety or feeling sick.

Thank you everyone just made it through the 3rd week today at Prozac 20 mgs Sleeping better but anxiety is my constant friend some days. Limiting my Klonopin to one.25 every morning(half of .5 pill). I am trying to be patient and ride this out. Sertraline worked beautifully at 50 mgs for 23 years then just pooped out.

This has been such a positive post to read. Thanks BetterDays for starting it! I have just reached the end of my 10th week on 20mg Fluoxetine, but have been suffering the last week with increased anxiety. I think it might be time to try a higher dose!

Hi guys! I’m 6 and a bit weeks on Fluoxetine. My anxiety is a lot better so is my depression. What I’m struggling with at the moment is derealization and depersonalisation well that’s at least what I think it is. I feel very robot like and not real and it’s ver distressing. Did anyone else have this while taking Fluoxetine. Hoping it’s just a side effect and it will eventually go away.

Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread Information