Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram

Citalopram

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone has had good experiences with citalopram. and what does you are on?. My doc has just increased my dose to 20mg to help with my panic attacks, but now im panicing incase he has given me too much

Thanks

Anna
    x

Re: Citalopram

Hi Anna

20mg is still a fairly low dose. I was always on 10mg, but dr put up to 20mg when i was going through bad time. It worked for me.

love mandie x

Thanks mandie

have you had any side effect when the doc increased youre dose?

Anna

Hi Anna

Pleasa have faith. the side effects if any will go away as your body adjusts.
    You are on a small dose. Dont be scared of the tablets.
    I started on 20mg and then was put up to 30mg and then on to 40mg. There was some side effects as I increased but they didnt last long only a few days every time. They then kicked in and I felt fantastic. I was on 40mg for seven months and now reduced to 30mg and will start the next withdrawal to 20mg this week.

Wish you all the best

Andy

Thanks Andy

Ive had 10mg fro 4 weeks but the doctor increased my dose 3 days ago. Since then i havent slept a full night plus i read the side effects leaflet which i no i shouldnt have, because by the end of the week ill probably have had all of them. I have noticed aready they have helped with the panic attacks but im still left with the anxiety Does citalopram also help with this?

Thanks

Annax

Hi there

Im taking citalopram 40mg per day and to be honest I cant be without it. Yes I agree you can have nasty side effects when you first go on it but with time it passes quickly.

I think alot of people find it helpful but of course we are all different and our bodies will deal with the many different drugs differentley.

Let us know how you are getting on
    take care of you
    smudgie

hi

im on citalopram and its helped greatly with my anxiety

i sleep thru most nights now

im having a bit of difficulty with depressive illness at the moment, but i may have been heading for another episode anyway, who knows?

im presently on 30mg, and perhaps will increase that dose at my next hosp visit.

the side effects have appeared at each increase, but they are temporary and far less that the anxiety itself

good luck in whatever u do

milly x

ps andrew is a good source of info as hes helped me through my changing time to citalopram, thanks to andrew too x

Hi

Thanks for all the feedback. I thought i was going mad. I have noticed a difference already, im not useing my diazapam as much and ive only had 1 panic attack since i started takeing them its just the awful side effects, i havent slept since the doc increased my dose

Thanks again everyone

Anna
    x

I have been on citalopram for about 5 months starting on 10mg for a couple of months and then up to 20mg. I have felt great but over the last few days have felt a bit woozy, anxious, slight headaches, lethargic etc. symptoms that I had when I started taking the medication.

I am puzzled by this as I thought my body would have been totally use to the meds by now.

The only thing I have done differently is use up some 10mg tablets I had left over when I ran out of the single 20mg, I have been taking these sporadically twice a day. I have now been back to the docs and I am back on the single daily dosage.

Part of my anxiety problems are that I manage to convince myself I have some sort of terminal illness when I feel these symptoms which only adds and builds up my anxiety in mind, making me feel worse.

Any feedback, chat, comments would help.

i have been on it for 18 months just been increased to 40 mg it not bad one day i hope to be off it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information