Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: went to porthcawl

Re: went to porthcawl

Hi Gem, I think most people avoid people at the door. I do and having once read a thread on the very topic, I know that many people only do if they're expecting anyone. In fact I'd say it's more normal than not.

I can understand you being put off seeking help. I cut short my last CBT sessions because I disliked the way things were going for a variety of reasons (such as them not turning up).

I don't think there's anything wrong with finding coping strategies (especially if it avoids the door to door salesmen). Our house is often a tip and I wouldn't let anyone near it if they called.

The fact is you are doing something (like when you went out the other day) and all these changes, are really significant. You are taking positive steps - you don't need to do it all at once - there's no law that says you have to answer the door and when you feel ready, you can chose to see someone.

Finally, don't feel stupid, because you're not. The thing you're going through is what happens when we're not feeling right - it's how our brains our wired, which is how we can all relate to each other on here. The positive thing about this, although my anxiety isn't nice, it's led me to do things like go on this website and speak to nice people like you. Something I wouldn't have done if I didn't suffer from anxiety issues.

Re: went to porthcawl

yeah your right they do but even if expecting someone i still hide i havent opened the door to anyone in ages my sister lets in the people to read the meters or if a repair needs to be done and someone comes i still hide & just my sister opens it glad i done some positive steps like going out in august three times and once on the 11th of sep if i didnt have anxiety i would not of knew about this site people on here are so lovely and supportive its nice to speak to someone as nice as you too everyday just feels like i.m getting worse i feel if i could get over the fear of answer the door to someone then its my speech what puts me off as i hate the way i talk now more than ever since its got worse no words come out right then i think why do i even bother speaking its starting to get to me even in the house i dont even feel calm in the house its hard for me to relax but i am thankful i found this site when i did cos dont know what i would of done other wise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information