Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I slept!??

Have I slept!??

Right didnt no where to put this so feel free to move it.. doesnt seem to be a section for insomnia.. anyway.. last week i was sleeping great going to bed and waking up in the morning. fine.. then over the wknd i didnt sleep once due to panic/anxiety.. now when i sleep i live my dreams i have no control over the dream like random things will happen but after i remember everything... i dont no whats going on.. am i actually sleeping when im dreaming like that? and why do i wake up after each time? is this normal/has this happened to anyone else? i feel as ok as i could be i mean better than when i have no sleep at all! but i also wanted to no if this sleep was giving me the rest and repairing my body etc from the day before.. i seem to be having very restless sleep at the moment and im trying to get back into a pattern like before.. im a very different person when ive slept and when i havent.. i suffer from severe anxiety and PA's but when ive slept im great i go out with my GF and i feel amazing and when i havent everything gets to much!! id like to hear everyones views on this.. Dan

I havent slept through the night since July.
    I feel its affected my physical health.
    My doctors didnt even give me a short course of sleeping pills.
    What did your doctor say about it?

Love & light to you x

http://www.youarethelightmovie.com/

Hi Guys

This sleep thing (or rather the lack of sleep), has fast become a disaster area for me.

I've tried everything in recent weeks and I have been given sleeping tablets - although they don't work. My best night for almost 3 months was last night when I actually had 5 hours sleep - I think I would have slept longer but my husband disturbed me badly when he got up at 5.amm

Strangely enough, I haven't had a sleeping tablet for the last 3 nights. They don't seem to work anyway, and I know my GP won't give me anymore after this prescription is finished.

Having persistently tried drinking warm milk, lavendar oil, conscious relaxation techniques etc, I now find it easier to just go with the flow. But I do sympathise, its awful when you only manage 2 or 3 hours sleep - it really upsets my day and I get even more depressed and suffer worse panic attacks.

I'm sort of hoping that my insomina is waning - I sense it might be, but I just have to wait with fingers crossed.

Hope your sleep sorts itself out soon.

Sandie

yeh mine isnt normally that bad.. but went 3 days without a few weeks ago then 9 days perfect (so i no i can do it!) and then bk to no sleep again!! i jst want to no if i am getting sleep through this way.. i mean i feel like a spectator watching my dreams though i have no control over any aspect of them but i always wake up and no everything.. Dan

Hi there Dan
    I have had this on and off during the course of my anxiety and panic. I remember once when I was pregnant begging the people who were in my dreams to let me get to sleep! I felt full y conscious whilst dreaming which was very weird. It always seems to get me when im extremely anxious or totally exhausted. It's like your body is just so aware of everything that it can't seem to switch off. Mine just dissapeared though im sure it will rear its ugly head at some point! good luck

Hi everyone

Is it really any wonder that sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture!!??

Its a basic human need - like food, if we go too long without it, it will have a detrimental effect.

Regrettably, all too often I start the day sooooooo tired I long for the day to pass quickly so that I can go back to bed.

I've had to make a HUGE conscious effort not to get so hung up on the sleepthing it becomes an obsession, and I work hard not to be tempted to try to nap during the day. Actually, that's not true, in the early stages of my anxiety/insomnia, I did try at lunchtime, but I couldn't relax enough to sleep anyway, so there was no point.

I haven't dreamt recently; with the exception of a nightmare which resulted in an early hours panic attack. I am convinced it was Nitol reacting with my meds, resulting in just 2 hours sleep on that occasion.

Hope everyone has a good night tonight - happy dreams!

Sandie

i had the worst night last night didnt sleep at all... its so upsetting im now really low and dont no what to do.. i cant go on anymore like this!! im lying in bed now have done all day.. i dont no what im going to do Dan

the less we sleep the more anxious we get and worrying about not sleeping makes us not sleep

i found once i stopped bothering whether i slept or not i started sleeping better i know that sometimes i'm fine then others i'm not

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Apparently Margaret Thatcher ran this country on about 4 1/2 hours sleep each night. We are all supposed to need less and less as we get older - although at 53 I'm don't consider I've reached that stage yet.

I had 3 1/2 hours last night. Yet I seem to have got quite a lot done. I wasn't so shivery this morning either. Maybe my body is getting used to it? I think its worse when you are lying next to someone who is sleeping gently. I wanted to cuddle up for some reassurance last night, as my panic attack had been bad, but the last thing I wanted was to disturb my husband - he worries more than enough about me.

I also think that the more we get hung up about sleep, the more of an obsession it becomes and we risk that adding to the problem.

I really sympathise with you - I couldn't cope without sleep for 3 nights in a row - I'd be a total wreck. But you know you can have a good nights sleep eventually, so do take heart from that.

Happy dreams.

Sandie

i have a fear of dying and this adds to it so much.. in fact i always think im going to go from this alone.. i dunno i want to live but i dont want to live like this! Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information