Thread: Lump in right side of throat...2 years running

Lump in right side of throat...2 years running

hi all, i've posted on this before but it's getting worse for me now. i feel a lump or something on the right side of my throat (on the inside), it feels really different on that side when swallowing, and i think i see something on the back of my throat on the side i'm having trouble with. mind you i'm 18 years old, so throat/esophageal cancer is probably not the real culprit. also, i've been dealing with anxiety for about 4 years now, and i'm currently on celexa 20mg and living on my own in a new city for the first time (big source of anxiety). Any suggestions or guesses at what it is are much appreciated, because the worry's starting to consume me again :(

Hi there
    I know that the feeling of a lump in ones throat can definitely be anxiety related because I get it all the time.
    As far as one side feeling different - I can't say as mine has always just been my whole throat and not one side or another. I would suggest tho that it could be that one tonsil is bigger than the other which is quite common and nothing to worry about. But I would go and see you doc just to get it checked out and that should help with the anxiety you are having because of it.
    Take Care
    xxx
    Sandy

bump? any other personal experiences with this kind of thing? it'd really mean a lot to me!

hi
    i have the exact same thing - which at the moment is feeling a sharpness as well. I also get bad indigestion so gp think its maybe related - just been prescribed tablets but as usual have read all the side effects so bit scared to take them

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi Hypochondiamaximus.

I have the same thing, and have had for about 3 or maybe 4 years.

It feels like a lump in my throat, on the right side only.........so it can't be a globus hystericus due to anxiety.

It is worse when I swallow with my head facing the left, so I automatically now turn to face the right a bit when I swallow, or turn my head down slightly.

I have had a camera tube through my nostril to look into my throat, and 2 scopes of the oesophagus, none of which showed any thing. It does still worry me, but all I can say to you is that it has been investigated and no-one seems very worried, so maybe I shouldn't worry either.

so who thinks that this is something that I should be realistically worried about (mind you i feel it all the time and not just when swallowing, and that i'm 18 years old)? sorry i'm just starting to really worry about it again and i guess i need some reassurance, but i'm afraid to go to the doctor because i'm afraid he might tell me that it is cancer. i don't know if any of you have ever felt this way before, but if you have please let me know since it would really help me out with my anxiety!

Thread Information