Thread: Being Sick with Anxiety Please Please Help me

Being Sick with Anxiety Please Please Help me

I have been feeling anxious for over a week now, before this I had depression for 6 weeks so my thinking was negative. Now I keep retching and sometimes sick and am so anxious about it. I have lost my apetite and am terrified I am going to fade away and die! I know the more I worry the worse I will make it ,but it is so hard not to worry and feel anxious about it. I am anxious I am going to ruin Christmas. I even took 5mg of Diazapam on Thursday to get me through my work Christmas dinner. I have never taken it in the day before (it was given to help me sleep),

Has this ever happened to anyone else, please tell me the doctors just won't let me die. I know I am sounding irrational, but I want to be honest about what I am thinking. I am even googling ways they feed people who cannot eat, this is really getting out of hand.

Re: Being Sick with Anxiety Please Please Help me

Dont know how to help but i feel the same way as you do.

This is quite normal with high anxiety, i suffered with it for months, i was convinced i had something wrong with my stomach or throat or some kind of digestive problem, i lost 2 stone and kept on waking up retching too, i went for an endoscopy, had biopsies taken, had a ct scan of chest, stomach and pelvis area with dye injected and everything was fine, perfect even lol, just pure anxiety.

You need to realise it's just anxiety and your not going to waste away, keep drinking plenty of water, take a multivitamin if you want and eat little and often, it will pass and there is nothing wrong with you other than the anxiety

I retch when anxious all the time, sometimes sick, it's just your body's response to being scared I think. It's hard to control but it gets easier with time. Take your medication if it helps you get through a rough patch.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this bad but it is a common affect from anxiety. I tend to get really bad stomach aches and don't feel like eating ect. Try as the other member said eat little and often and lots of water. Hope you feel better soon. Maybe it's all the stress that comes with the Christmas holidays.

Doctors will not let you die. They will most likely prescribe you some chemical medication with awful side effects, but they won't let you die. I know how you feel about having your Christmas ruined by your anxiety, mine will probably look like that too.

Have a big hug first from me, I suffered with this for a long while, and still occasionally do, when it was really bad, I went to Dr and got tablets called Buccastem, (also available over the counter), and these really helped, also took ginger capsules (from any chemist or health store) one in the eve and one before sleeping at night.Retching is now my signal that I am getting really anxious, and go back to listening to my relaxation tapes. Hope this is of some help.

I'm so glad to have read this and to know others feel the same way as me, with the retching and sometimes being sick. My anxiety is back with a vengence and I have a real fear that I'm going to be sick in public which fuels the anxiety which then causes the retching - a vicious circle!! I posted a thread a while ago about it, since then I made an excuse not to go on my work Christmas night out and also went for Christmas lunch with work and couldn't eat a bite, kept having to run to the toilet because I was convinced I was going to be sick. Basically I'm now having real issues with eating or drinking in public/with company.

I'm sure all of my colleagues think I'm a complete wierdo!!

Maz I'm going to try the ginger capsules and Buccastem.

Thread Information