Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Security

Re: Security

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They add a level of protection but the site is safe as it is. You are far more at risk from not having local Anti Virus/System updates upto date.
    That doesnt mean we are not taking it seriously, its my number one job on NMP but it can't be done overnight.

Yes it will be.

Its far more important that people have local security updated. Most hacking of websites these days is to use them in bot networks, most of the big leaks your hear about are actually inside jobs.
    Another big area is identity theft and credit card theft but NMP doesn't collect any information that can identify you nor does it take credit cards anywhere.
    The best thing you can do is to make sure you change your password regularly and have a few different ones that you use across sites.

Pleasure :-)

The SSL work will take a little longer as I am in talks with a large company to try and get a free SSL certificate for NMP.

I will keep everyone updated on here.

Alex
    Alex interesting responses! I do have anti virus software installed and it keep updated on a regular basis too Do you remember the Talk Talk hack? That was huge and NOT a inside job 5 youngsters some were only 15 Years old but I know you are working hard behind the scenes to keep all members details etc safe! and know it wont happen over night so again thank you so much lets hear it for Alex Cheers

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Do you remember the Talk Talk hack? That was huge and NOT a inside job 5 youngsters some were only 15 Years old
    I do that's why I said most ;-) Places like Talk Talk are always going to be a target

Alex

I do that's why I said most ;-) Places like Talk Talk are always going to be a target

Alex
    And its happened before with them!! Cheers

I am in the United States and I too started getting this message, "This connection is not secure. Login entered here could be compromised, click here for more information" I clicked on that option and it is a notice from Firefox this is a new feature that identifies a web site that is not secure, which is identified by not having the http:// in the address bar and there is not picture of a green lock. I'm not concerned as there is nothing personal on this web site such as credit card information, address or phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    I am in the United States and I too started getting this message, "This connection is not secure. Login entered here could be compromised, click here for more information" I clicked on that option and it is a notice from Firefox this is a new feature that identifies a web site that is not secure, which is identified by not having the http:// in the address bar and there is not picture of a green lock. I'm not concerned as there is nothing personal on this web site such as credit card information, address or phone number.
    Have you got antivirus protection installed on your device(s) I was also led to believe its https:// that tells you that its a safe site with a closed padlock icon in green. the level of security on some sites I have visited is appalling !! Cheers

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Alex one other valid question re the online NMP shop CC/DD cards,shipping addresses is any info stored on NMP or its associated servers and it's logs? Once again thank you so much for your assurance on these matters Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 21-03-17 at 19:19.

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Alex one other valid question re the online NMP shop CC/DD cards is any info on cards stored on NMP or associated servers and it's logs? Once again thank you so much for your assurance on these matters Cheers
    Nope.

NMP does not take, store or transmit any card information. All payments are made via Paypal on the Paypal site.

Cheers

Alex

Nope.

NMP does not take, store or transmit any card information. All payments are made via Paypal on the Paypal site.

Cheers

Alex
    Sorted thanks Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information