Thread: survey on who is on pfizer lyrica or generic pregabalin

survey on who is on pfizer lyrica or generic pregabalin

how many get the £50 Pfizer named lyrica , or the £10 Pregabalin ????????it will still say lyrica on your box with Pregabalin, but the real lyrica will say, Pfizer, i am guessing %90 pregabalin if you live in England and use the NHS

Re: survey on who is on pfizer lyrica or generic pregabalin

Here are the NHS costs per year from Jan 2017:

http://gmmmg.nhs.uk/docs/cost_comparison_charts.pdf

100mg (TDS) = £1,225.80
    150mg (BD) = £837.20

The 100mg comes out at £102.15 per month, the 150mg at £69.77.

It is for a therapeutic dose but it doesn't stipulate about range so it's unclear whether it's the minimum, which seems likely.

If you do some Googling, you might be able to turn up a NHS doc breaking down the costs in regions. I've seen them by CCG in the past as well as individual trust reports.

I'm thinking these are generic prices but they could be averages? If I look at my med, Duloxetine, it comes out at 40mg (BD) per year at £480.48 (for urinary treatments) and 60mg (OD) per year at £30.81 (neuropathic pain). Since 60mg is the starting dose for GAD, I can go by that as it's the dose I'm on. The thing is, I've looked at the costs in the past and found Eli Lilly to be more £25-27 in NHS documentation. So, either the prices has dropped substantially or this doc is about generics (or maybe averages?).

Basically, I'm being ripped off on the prescription charge if those prices are what my pharmacy are paying. Since I'm on non generics, I would have to check those prices again but I expect they will be higher and I may indeed be receiving a subsidy.

It's quite clear, looking at these prices, many patients are creating profit. My asthma inhalers are in here too and they are well below the charge I pay.

I would be interested to see documentation showing generic Preg at <£10.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-04-17 at 01:37.

Re: survey on who is on pfizer lyrica or generic pregabalin

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Here are the NHS costs per year from Jan 2017:

http://gmmmg.nhs.uk/docs/cost_comparison_charts.pdf

100mg (TDS) = £1,225.80
    150mg (BD) = £837.20

The 100mg comes out at £102.15 per month, the 150mg at £69.77.

It is for a therapeutic dose but it doesn't stipulate about range so it's unclear whether it's the minimum, which seems likely.

If you do some Googling, you might be able to turn up a NHS doc breaking down the costs in regions. I've seen them by CCG in the past as well as individual trust reports.

I'm thinking these are generic prices but they could be averages? If I look at my med, Duloxetine, it comes out at 40mg (BD) per year at £480.48 (for urinary treatments) and 60mg (OD) per year at £30.81 (neuropathic pain). Since 60mg is the starting dose for GAD, I can go by that as it's the dose I'm on. The thing is, I've looked at the costs in the past and found Eli Lilly to be more £25-27 in NHS documentation. So, either the prices has dropped substantially or this doc is about generics (or maybe averages?).

Basically, I'm being ripped off on the prescription charge if those prices are what my pharmacy are paying. Since I'm on non generics, I would have to check those prices again but I expect they will be higher and I may indeed be receiving a subsidy.

It's quite clear, looking at these prices, many patients are creating profit. My asthma inhalers are in here too and they are well below the charge I pay.

I would be interested to see documentation showing generic Preg at <£10.
    TERRY my dose is 600mg a day for acute anxiety can you imagine the NHS giving people like me none generic PFIZER LYRICA when you have a good generic in PREGABALIN . the cost would be off the scale, more than cancer drugs that are unaffordable to script anymore. the £10 pregabalin was told to my wife when collecting my script. she asked for lyrica and he then told her the price he pays, he would have to pay for lyrica £50, and £10 pregabalin the nhs has told him to prescribe pregabalin to bring down the costs , has more doctors are using it for anxiety the cost would rocket
    Last edited by braindead; 26-04-17 at 10:00.

Thread Information