Hi everyone,

I've been reading lots of posts on fluoxetine recently on this Forum which I found really helpful, especially those dealing with the first few weeks of starting the medication! I have taken it before and it worked well for me but this time I am finding it a little harder to cope with the side effects. I'm just starting my second week and have increased anxiety, upset stomach, very low mood and early waking.... but I'm hoping this will all pass in due time!
The main reason I started this thread is to connect with anyone who has experience of taking fluoxetine to deal with both depression and agoraphobia and whether they felt it helped them. I've been dealing with agoraphobia for some years now, to varying extent, and at the moment, with the side effects and feeling pretty depressed, I am not really managing to get out of the house by myself and I actually don't have any motivation to do so! I am lucky that my employer is very flexible and I have been working from home for over a year now which is a godsend as I don't know how I would cope without income!
Does anyone have experiences to share in this space? I'd love to connect with people experiencing similar issues with agoraphobia and depression and perhaps create a little support network to encourage each other along the journey to getting better !