Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could this virus alot of us have be swine flu??

Could this virus alot of us have be swine flu??

I posted re nasty flu virus and cough and others have replied saying they have been ill and loads of kids off school with flu virus - I just had horrible thought - no one is mentioning swine flu now but could this flu virus we have got be swine flu??? i know there is no way of knowing as no Dr is swabbing anyone they just dish out antibiotics for the cough but unless we were swabbed no one knows if its seasonal flu or swine flu.

Not that it matters but it would be interesting to know.

Re: Could this virus alot of us have be swine flu??

i had swine flu. and believe me if you had it there would be no question about it, i was bedridden for 5 days and couldnt even move my head without being or feeling sick. i have had the flu loadsa times but this was something else. trust me if anyone had swine flu they would know. its nothing like the flu at all. it was so bad i totally forgot about my health anxiety which we all know is near on impossible.

point taken - I don't know anyone who has had swine flu so nothing to base my symptoms on - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I posted re nasty flu virus and cough and others have replied saying they have been ill and loads of kids off school with flu virus - I just had horrible thought - no one is mentioning swine flu now but could this flu virus we have got be swine flu??? i know there is no way of knowing as no Dr is swabbing anyone they just dish out antibiotics for the cough but unless we were swabbed no one knows if its seasonal flu or swine flu.

Not that it matters but it would be interesting to know.

You could be right. Thats the trouble with them not swabbing anymore.
    Although I agree with Loulou, I work in a supermarket & a fair few had it, they were extremely sick, but with flu symptoms AND food poisning type symptom all rolled into one apparently.
    I think the reason we dont hear about it so much is that very few people actually had it really. Some that did unfortunately sufferred very badly & some even died. But more people die from normal flu, obviously elderly or very young & underlying health issues were who sufferred the most.
    The media worry me at times!
    x

i totally agree. the media make things so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by xlouloux View Post
    i totally agree. the media make things so much worse.
    That includes Google. There should be a law against it! lol

No, I have had the vaccination;-)

I had a bug 2 weeks ago and was in bed for 4 days, i was aching, my throat was so sore that i couldnt even drink, had a temp, fever and was being sick, it was awful, it was only after i had recovered that i realised i had all the symptoms of swine flu but i dont know for sure, now my mother in law and mum are both in bed ill with it...

I am so relieved to read about other folk having this virus. It started on Wed with a slightly dry cough. I have mild COPD and was due to go to the breathing clinic on Thursday,but had to cancel,as every time I took a deep breath I started coughing. It has very quickly progressed now to a full blown infection My nose goes from being totally blocked to running like a tap. My chest is very tight and I have a terrible wheezy cough . I have brought up and blown down some horrible discoloured phlegm,and generally feel lousy .Last night I hardly slept at all, as I can't breath through my nose and had to keep sipping water as my mouth is all dry . Also I had terrible nightmarish dreams when I did manage to fall asleep. I have been feeling really ill today and at teatime I was shivering with the cold,and then an hour later i was burning up.Of course, in my mind it is Swine flu ,and will develop in to pneumonia. I can.t talk without coughing. I am sitting here burning up,and feeling very very anxious.The only antibiotics I have are Oxytetracycline,which I had just started taking for my Acne.I read the leaflet,and they can be used to treat bronchitis,so I am hoping they will clear up this infection.
    I feel a bit more re-assured now to know other people seem to have the same,and it's not me heading for the hospital . I caught that terrible virus at the end of 2006 and ended up in an ambulance at 12 midnight,and was in hospital for 3 days,as my blood oxygen levels were so low.Now ,I am a bit paranoic and anxious if I get any chest infections.and this cough is really sore and is getting me down.
    Hope everyone starts to feel better soon

Hi crystalshimmer - sorry you are feeling so ill - I started this thread and while I think we don't have swine flu as haven't got the terrible vomiting as well we certainly have some flu bug. I actually feel worse today if thats possible- the cough is horrific and my sinuses are so painful and throbbing and feel as if I living inside my head if you know what i mean. My temp is now normal but getting hot sweats still if I move around then next minute feel cold but keep taking temp ( naughty) and its below normal.
    I am taking amoxicillin for cough - its broad spectrum so covers most bugs!! If your gunk turns really nasty colour then do see Dr as you may need antibitoics.
    I know how frightening this is for me and I don't have your lung problems so can imagine how awful it must be for someone with lung trouble on top of this.
    Today I feel very spaced out with my throbbing eyes and forehead - keep wondering what is next - my husband is over a week ahead of me with this and he is still not at all well with bad cough and exhaustion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information