Thread: Burning sensation in fingertips, hands and feet. Anxiety?

Burning sensation in fingertips, hands and feet. Anxiety?

Hello, I thought I would make a quick post. I'm really freaking out tonight. Admittedly for the past 3 days or so my anxiety has been sky high.

Ive been sitting here tonight watching TV, and all of a sudden I got burning sensations in both of my feet. That went away, and moved onto my finger tips and my hands and now we're back to both. Im really really anxious and scared about it because it's annoying and painful.

Can this be anxiety? Any replies are appreciated!

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

Now it's starting on my arms and legs :( I just want to sleep and not worry :(

Re: Burning sensation in fingertips, hands and feet. Anxiety?

??

Have you seen the thread by busterrufus? She has been saying exactly what you are here and struggling to accept it's anxiety.

Her GP is telling her it's her anxiety, as are the rest of us posting on there. It might help you too.

Ooo no I haven't, I'll check it out, thanks Terry!

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

Hmm I can't seem to find the thread you're on about unfortunately :(

It's 2 threads down from your one.

My Dr says it can be caused by anxiety. I get it badly n my legs. Its painful and distressing. Do you have other anxiety symptoms? Hope you feel better soon .
    Last edited by busterrufus; 27-07-16 at 14:49. Reason: p

Yep iv been getting burning pins and needles pricking type feelings in hands and feet. Sometimes it's like rain drops dripping down my legs and ankles to. Anyway I had bloods and turns out that I'm anemic. This on top of anxiety.. Great combo

Sorry, only just seen the replies! I've accepted that it is anxiety and i now feel much better.

Thank you all!

Just to hijack this, I logged in today specifically to talk about this... anxiety was through the roof last week due to a certain social engagement and ongoing stress about getting my car sold at last, and I started getting burning/tingling in my left hand, left forearm, and the left side of my face...

I described it to my SO as like "sunburn, but almost pleasant... almost a cold tingle at times" - it's sporadic, not constant. At first I thought it was a heart issue, or a trapped nerve, then I got round to googling it and realised how incredibly common it is! Plus the sunburn description seems to be pretty frequent too.

The social event went great, the car sold without issue, but I've still been having it on and off all week even though it's just my usual self-loathing/overthinking. I'm fascinated by it tbh...! I'm 30 now and have had all this stuff since my late teens but this is the first time I've ever had the tingles. The body is a strange thing.

So yeah, just another vote from me - it's a bit weird but seems harmless enough, so don't worry at all

Matt

To which he replied "Yes, until I realised I'm not that important".

Best advice I ever had.

Thread Information