Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: floaters

floaters

ive been feeling really bad today so decided to have sleep which i woke from having a panic attack , this got that bad that i was crying and vomiting as was so scared felt like i didnt know who i was or where i was , while i was vomiting i had funny silver like sparkles in front of my eyes ,now 4 hours later i still have them along with some black floaters too im really worried please help

Re: floaters

If you vomited that can put strain on the muscles in the back of the eyes causing the flashing of lights or sparkles, black floaters are very common also.

Since i had a panic attack 5 weeks ago ive had black floaters in my eyes and they are really annoying, as the post above said throwing up can cause strains on the backs of your eyes, it is highly unlikely that the floaters are anything to worry about without a panic attack so with a panic attack aswell the floaters are a symptom of panic and anxiousness.

thanx im just scared coz they wont go away

Yeh i was really frightened when mine came because of vision trouble and everything but mine seem to gradually be fadeing away. I jus kept an eye on mine to make sure that they dont get bigger of more start appearing but so far none, and mine came on after a panic attack

Quote Originally Posted by anxious elephant999 View Post
    ive been feeling really bad today so decided to have sleep which i woke from having a panic attack , this got that bad that i was crying and vomiting as was so scared felt like i didnt know who i was or where i was , while i was vomiting i had funny silver like sparkles in front of my eyes ,now 4 hours later i still have them along with some black floaters too im really worried please help
    Eye strain happens when you vomit.
    Have you thought about asking for Diazapam from your doctor (a small dose, maybe 5mg) Because to be so anxious that you are throwing up, is quite severe stress! Diazapam just taken when you are at your most stressed calms you down. I used to just have maybe one or 2 a month at the worst times. I still have about 6 in the cupboard, out of a pack of 10 I was given a year ago.

Hi folks,

I was speaking with a doctor today about this cos my vision keeps going blurry and I get speckles too. She said it's because your pupils are dilating so your peripheral vision is heightened, therefore you notice loads of things around you including the way your vision has changed, speckles n all!

Hope this helps.

Madeleine.x

doctor did give me some but they made me feel like a zombie so dont like taking them

if it makes you feel any better i get them all the time. usually after coughing (pressure behind the eyes) sometimes even if i get up too fast. they are a bit freaky, but they will always go away eventually. even though in that time the longer they are there the more anxious you get about them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by anxious elephant999 View Post
    doctor did give me some but they made me feel like a zombie so dont like taking them
    Whats the dose of them? I was given 10mg ones a few years ago, & they would make me feel quite drunk! I needed them as I was pretty much suicidal at the time though! That was mainly pmt induced though, I was on another planet with pmt in those days. But since then they lowered the dose (without telling me) & I didn't mind to be honest, as its rare I use them, cant remember the last time. But the 5mg dose just takes the edge off the anxiety when its at its peak, & would stop that vommiting. My sisters husband vomits if he gets a shock. Some people are more prone to it I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information