Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrenalin rush from stomach?

Adrenalin rush from stomach?

Hi, on Friday I had a very stressful and upsetting day which has now given me a new symptom. Whenever I worry now I get this shooting adrenalin from stomach that makes me feel sick. Also I haven't been eating as much because I'm always bloated even after a small meal. Any ideas if this normal?

Re: Adrenalin rush from stomach?

Hi, remember the slogan "If it's weird, it's anxiety". Stress can upset your system and give you what I call mini-migraines where you feel like total crud but don't quite get a migraine. Nausea and the desperate need for the toilet are usual symptoms of this. Feeling bloated it either trapped wind or most likely a symptom of anxiety. When you're anxious you lose your appetite as your body is trying to get rid of stuff, not take more on board.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Yeah Scott, I get those almost electric shock type zapps in the abs/stomach area - I only have to think of something anxiety related for it to happen. Scary. Not sure if it is adrenaline though, maybe it is.

It's also mentioned in a novel I read where the character often experiences anxiety, so I guess it is related.

You know adrenalin is produced near the stomach, around the kidneys, I can feel adrenalin being pumped out when I get anxious.

You're just experiencing it being produced.
    We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

Quote Originally Posted by lleksam View Post
    You know adrenalin is produced near the stomach, around the kidneys, I can feel adrenalin being pumped out when I get anxious.

You're just experiencing it being produced.

ME TOO!! I get burning surge through my belly and it travels up my arms!!

Literally feel the release!!

Quote Originally Posted by loopylu86 View Post
    ME TOO!! I get burning surge through my belly and it travels up my arms!!

Literally feel the release!!
    Yep, exactly the same for me.
    We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

Quote Originally Posted by lleksam View Post
    Yep, exactly the same for me.
    It was only last night that I really concentrated and found it really interesting that whenever I thought about it..It kept happening and I just knew it was that!! The worst bit now though..is good adrenaline..say from thinking about a new love interest makes me feel like I having a panic attack. The "butterflies/nerves" that are common in everyone I react to in the same way!!

That's a good thing though Lu, because it proves that panic is "just" adrenalin, like the butterflies feeling, so is really nothing to be afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Elle-Kay View Post
    That's a good thing though Lu, because it proves that panic is "just" adrenalin, like the butterflies feeling, so is really nothing to be afraid of?
    This is true!! But the reaction to the butterflies I do get from my new love interest (it's making me laugh referring to him as that) intensifies and doesn't feel good..it's just plain scary!! It feels different to the way I would usually feel butterflies..if that makes sense?

I do know exactly what you mean - I've sort of forgotten what it's like just to be excited for something, because all the excitement "symptoms" have come to be associated with panic & fear. Consequently I feel "fearful" about my birthday, Christmas, our anniversary... lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information