Thread: Is this cancer?

Is this cancer?

I have a sore neck on the right and left side. I have this very often

When i move my head to the side i get that pulling feeling, which makes me think it's just my muscles?

But when i feel the sides of my neck it feels hard. I don't know if what i'm feeling is muscles or something else... the side of my neck feels sore too

Re: Is this cancer?

It sounds like a typical "anxiety muscle" to me. When we're anxious, even just a little bit, we tend to subconsciously tighten our muscles especially in the neck and shoulders. Your neck is actually quite hard in it's normal state as the muscles are constantly in use to keep your head up straight.

I'm 99.99% sure that it isn't cancer. If it keeps bothering you, maybe pop to the doctors and have them put your mind at ease.

Is this cancer?

Nope!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you guys

The soreness actually got less now. The sides of my neck still feel hard at some spots when i press

So few days later and it's much more sore now...

It feels like the side of my neck is stuck kinda. Maybe because i've been poking it and feeling around for lumps all the time..

In the mirror it doesn't really looks thicker or anything. It just feels sore all day. Im just worried if the side neck muscles are supposed to feel hard?

The neck muscles are constantly in use so they tend to be quite firm. Holding a lot of tension (from anxiety most likely) could cause them to become stiff and sore. I don't think sore neck muscles are a symptom of any cancer i'm aware of.

What reason do you have to suppose you have a tumour growing somewhere apart from sore muscles? I think it IS sore muscles from what you have described, also if you experience it very often and it has not worsened over a decent period, it's not likely to be caused by a cancer.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Because i read something about lymph nodes, and im not sure if what im feeling is hard lymph node or just muscle. but i think you are all right and it's just muscle related

Thread Information